*** Official Akron Game Thread ***

Mavric

5 minutes ago, spencer7508 said:

So who says it has to be resumed 3 hours from the last play? If I remember, last year some game scheduled for 11 resumed 6-8 hours later

We're not gonna resume play 4 in the morning. You cancel it now and negotiate an opportunity to play tomorrow even though tomorrow doesn't look all that much better.

2 minutes ago, FTW said:

My biggest concern is the safety of the players. You CANNOT take this risk if we're getting nailed with rain. AM might just get that freak knee injury that we can't afford. They need to call this. If I'm Frost, live to fight another day.

I don't really want them to play in the rain either. It's a recipe for an upset or like you say, injuries.

7 minutes ago, spencer7508 said:

So who says it has to be resumed 3 hours from the last play? If I remember, last year some game scheduled for 11 resumed 6-8 hours later

Probably depends on the radar and what time the game will resume. The next break looks to be around 2 AM. You can't keep everyone there that late. If it were an 11 AM game, it would be a different story.

I probably spent $1000 for tickets, 2 hotel rooms, and a rental car to drive 8 hours with my son to not see a game. This really sucks...and even if the play the game after 11 as kids are not going to stay up that late. They should have said screw national coverage and move the game up. At this point I am hoping they call it and reschedule for early tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

The only reason football should stop is because of lightning...Fogbowl...anyone remember that one? The announcers couldn't even seen the field. Referees couldn't see from sideline to sideline. And yet they still played. Rain shmain, get out there and play!

Some fields drain great but after getting drilled with so much water it's dangerous to even play. Referees will even recommend to the coaches that player safety is at a major risk. This happened during the Florida-Idaho game they ended up calling it.