Possible Sunday reschedule

12 minutes ago, California Husker said:

My son flew out from So Cal to see Coach Frost's first game. Plane tickets, hotel, meals, etc. He doesn't get back to Lincoln for too many games (none of us do), this was his first trip back since the Fresno State game in 2011. He's pretty disappointed to say the least. 

He's got every right to be. What an awful turn of events for him.

People like him who accrued a lot of associated costs beyond the price of admission were the ones who got the worst deal in all of this.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Comish said:

I've got a friend that was in the "command center" last night and he says that campus police, Lincoln pd, stadium personnel all agreed they "could" pull in enough of a skeleton crew to make Sunday morning work after the weather consultant assurred them of a window without storms 10:30 am to 3 pm.  Started working on it when they got a sudden alert that Akron was at the airport loading up...!?

Looks suspiciously like it was a take the money and run.....

I'd like to see some support from Delaney and the conference follow up on things.

I was planning to go,...…..would've been fun. The weather has been fine. I bet the University could've found them a place to sleep. Yeah, it looks like Akron didn't try too hard.

1 hour ago, MichiganDad3 said:

My guess is Akron said no way. They didn't want to deal with finding a place to stay, not getting much rest, getting their heads kicked in, and losing a 2nd day of the 3-day weekend. And given that the weather was still threatening on Sunday, they just said screw it, we am going home.

Yep, looking at media reports it suggests Akron may have backed out and went home. If true, they don't deserve a penny.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

Probably falls under “Act of god” on the small print on the back regarding no refund in the University’s eyes

Yeah, as much as it really is a bad break for people, especially those from out of state spending a ton of money and stuff, the idea that anyone will get money refunded is pretty naive. If you look at the fine print of pretty much ANY outdoor festivity, there are disclaimers about rain or shine policies, and no refunds will be given in the event of factors out of the host's control. I guarantee Nebraska tickets have the same thing - it's something you tacitly agree to when you purchase a ticket, without necessarily realizing it.

23 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

I wonder what their contract says about bad weather and rescheduling. It would be justice if we could deny them their cash. In essence stating "you cannot take the money and run".

Why do you always want to not pay people contractually obligated sums of money?

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

We don't really know any details of the contractual obligation. If the obligation includes language of a show of good faith, or language of a game actually being played, then there's plenty of discussion to be had on whether or not they are owed or deserve their payout or not.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Nebfanatic said:

It is not contractually obligated if the contract says they must play on Sunday if the game is cancelled due to weather. They should not be paid if they break the contract. By all accounts, the game could have been played this morning, but Akron ran like little girls with bags full of our money. I want something for my cash.

4 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

It is not contractually obligated if the contract says they must play on Sunday if the game is cancelled due to weather. They should not be paid if they break the contract. By all accounts, the game could have been played this morning, but Akron ran like little girls with bags full of our money. I want something for my cash.

I just mean when we have sums to pay you seem to be the first to call the contract into question. Mike Rileys buyout and this as well I think I've even read you saying something about Bos buyout. I highly doubt there is any language in the contract that would force them to make up a game cancelled due to weather the next day. It is what it is.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Landlord said:

We don't really know any details of the contractual obligation. If the obligation includes language of a show of good faith, or language of a game actually being played, then there's plenty of discussion to be had on whether or not they are owed or deserve their payout or not.

There is no language that can back us out of a weather cancelled game. Not Akrons fault. Its the same as the ticket refund.

• Plus1 1