Red Rogue

Possible Sunday reschedule

13 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

My guess is Akron said no way. They didn't want to deal with finding a place to stay, not getting much rest, getting their heads kicked in, and losing a 2nd day of the 3-day weekend. And given that the weather was still threatening on Sunday, they just said screw it, we am going home.

Yep, you summed it up pretty well. 

14 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Everyone deserves to get their ticket price refunded.

I don't know what the University can do for people to refund their travel costs. Imagine if you came from out of state.

I'd be beyond PO'd. 

My son flew out from So Cal to see Coach Frost's first game. Plane tickets, hotel, meals, etc. He doesn't get back to Lincoln for too many games (none of us do), this was his first trip back since the Fresno State game in 2011. He's pretty disappointed to say the least. 

2 hours ago, dtbugeater said:

Someone tell me it is lightening and raining in Lincoln right now, then I won’t feel as bad about the game being cancelled instead of postponed. 

It would've been good weather to play today.

5 hours ago, Red Five said:

Think of the logistics of playing a game with 12 hours notice?  You would need all of the stadium workers available (ticket takers, concessions people, etc).  Would the concessions even have enough food/beverage after people hanging around in the concourse for 2.5 hours. All the police/security inside and outside the stadium that would need to be available.

There are thousands of people who work in/around the stadium.  Do you think they could have dropped everything and been available at 7am?

I get that Frost/Moos want to play, but I’m not sure it would even be able to pull off a game the next day w/o it being a major cluster-f in and around memorial stadium.

I've got a friend that was in the "command center" last night and he says that campus police, Lincoln pd, stadium personnel all agreed they "could" pull in enough of a skeleton crew to make Sunday morning work after the weather consultant assurred them of a window without storms 10:30 am to 3 pm.  Started working on it when they got a sudden alert that Akron was at the airport loading up...!?

Looks suspiciously like it was a take the money and run.....

I'd like to see some support from Delaney and the conference follow up on things.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, California Husker said:

My son flew out from So Cal to see Coach Frost's first game. Plane tickets, hotel, meals, etc. He doesn't get back to Lincoln for too many games (none of us do), this was his first trip back since the Fresno State game in 2011. He's pretty disappointed to say the least. 

He's got every right to be. What an awful turn of events for him.

People like him who accrued a lot of associated costs beyond the price of admission were the ones who got the worst deal in all of this.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Comish said:

I've got a friend that was in the "command center" last night and he says that campus police, Lincoln pd, stadium personnel all agreed they "could" pull in enough of a skeleton crew to make Sunday morning work after the weather consultant assurred them of a window without storms 10:30 am to 3 pm.  Started working on it when they got a sudden alert that Akron was at the airport loading up...!?

Looks suspiciously like it was a take the money and run.....

I'd like to see some support from Delaney and the conference follow up on things.

I was planning to go,...…..would've been fun. The weather has been fine. I bet the University could've found them a place to sleep. Yeah, it looks like Akron didn't try too hard.

1 hour ago, MichiganDad3 said:

My guess is Akron said no way. They didn't want to deal with finding a place to stay, not getting much rest, getting their heads kicked in, and losing a 2nd day of the 3-day weekend. And given that the weather was still threatening on Sunday, they just said screw it, we am going home.

Yep, looking at media reports it suggests Akron may have backed out and went home. If true, they don't deserve a penny.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, FTW said:

Yep, looking at media reports it suggests Akron may have backed out and went home. If true, they don't deserve a penny.

Well to be fair, where were they going to stay and sleep at?

8 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

Well to be fair, where were they going to stay and sleep at?

I’m sure there could have been arrangements made for them to stay somewhere on campus.

39 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

We know for sure now that Akron ran out as fast as they could. The weather this morning was great, just a little rain.

I wonder what their contract says about bad weather and rescheduling. It would be justice if we could deny them their cash. In essence stating "you cannot take the money and run".

5 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

Probably falls under “Act of god” on the small print on the back regarding no refund in the University’s eyes

Yeah, as much as it really is a bad break for people, especially those from out of state spending a ton of money and stuff, the idea that anyone will get money refunded is pretty naive. If you look at the fine print of pretty much ANY outdoor festivity, there are disclaimers about rain or shine policies, and no refunds will be given in the event of factors out of the host's control. I guarantee Nebraska tickets have the same thing - it's something you tacitly agree to when you purchase a ticket, without necessarily realizing it.

23 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

I wonder what their contract says about bad weather and rescheduling. It would be justice if we could deny them their cash. In essence stating "you cannot take the money and run".

Why do you always want to not pay people contractually obligated sums of money?

• Plus1 2