What did we learn? - Game 1 - Akron

Moiraine

I'm really, really glad I didn't end up betting the Nebraska win total.  That Akron cancellation may loom absolutely massive.

I also learned that I'm not quite as worried about Troy.  They got absolutely worked by Boise State at home.  I will grant you that Boise State will probably be a pretty good team this year especially with Rypien at QB but still...56-20?  Woof.

• Plus1 1

I liked Frost reppin the 308.

Wondered what the staff's "uniform" will be this year.  UCF was the black polo and grey pants.....I'm still wondering.

Frost looked very, very intense.  As though he was going to play as well.

The CU game just ticked up in importance.  They are not Akron.....

No flag leading out of the tunnel walk?  I didn't see one.  I always liked that.

Uni's looked good.

Stadium/tunnel walk live must have been amazing.  It was unreal on tv.

• Plus1 1

15 hours ago, jsneb83 said:

Am I the only that feels a little more unsure about next week's game since we missed out on this game?

Of course it would have been nice to have a "warm up" game for the Colorado game, but, we can look at a couple of bright spots. 
1) Nobody got hurt last night

2) Colorado has no game tape to go over (other than our kick-off return touchback play)

3) Nebraska has game tape to review of Colorado's first game. 

I know, playing the game would have been better. I'm just trying to look on the bright side. 

34 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I learned the amateur meteorologists of HuskerBoard are absolutely terrible at predicting the weather.

Yeah, a handful were trying to downplay it hoping for the best instead of planning for the worst. I told a lot of people and everyone in my family on Friday that our game would get cancelled. I've never been blamed so much for something I don't control lol.