What did we learn? - Game 1 - Akron

Moiraine

15 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You are seriously holding a grudge against NFL players going back over 30 years?  I don’t get when people get upset about how much $ pro athletes make. These players are the best in the world at what they do. I have the belief that the best at what you do deserve to be rewarded that way. 

I agree.  I had an advanced Calculus professor at UN-L back in the day.  He taught high level calculus for 1 1/2 hours everyday and it was as entertaining as a Johnny Carson monologue.  He should have been paid more than any professional athlete at the time.  By far the best professor I've every experienced  His whole life he probably hasn't earned what a starting QB earns in one year.  Oh well...free market and all.

I learned:

* Some Husker fans are completely insane.

* Weather cancelled game can dovetail into a how much NFL players earn versus owners.

* Akron took the easy way out.

* Michigan State didn't look good enough to warrant that preseason ranking.

* Troy looked alot like Nebraska last year--completely uninterested in playing.

* FoxSports coverage is terrible--just shut up and let the Tunnel Walk happen without yammering over it.

* Too many Husker fans still suffer from the everybody looks better than we do and we'll be lucky to win 5 games syndrome.

* Proud Mary starring Tajaii Henson is actually really good.

* The five best DLs in all of college football are: 1) Alabama, 2) Ohio State, 3) Auburn, 4) Clemson, and 5) LSU.

* Any team in college football can beat Texas, EXCEPT Nebraska.

* Defensive backs could intercept or defend passes much better if they'd actually look for the ball.

* Wisconson's OL never gets called for any holding.

* WRs can push off of DBs and it will be the DB who gets called for pass interference 95% of the time.

• Plus1 4

Not sure where to put this, but - I found this kind of funny on a "BUY/SELL" article on ESECPN:

SELL: Weather delays and cancellations

Come on, Mother Nature. We've been waiting so long. Instead, Iowa State gets canceled, West Virginia and Tennessee get delayed and Nebraska ... why would you do this to those poor Huskers fans? Haven't they suffered enough?

• Plus1 2

33 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Some are pretty worried we need a 12th game to win 6

In my opinion if we need a 12th game to win 6 I would call this season underwhelming.  In my opinion Riley had way more talent on the team than last year's record reflected, and Frost has only improved upon our talent situation.  While the team is dealing with new schemes and a pretty difficult schedule, they also have an entire staff that has proven they know how to coach players up.  Plus, the Akron game should have no bearing on us winning the BIG West. :)  While Wisconsin should still be the favorite, they have to play at Iowa, at NW, at Penn State, and at Michigan.  All we need to do is find a way to win in Madison and have them lose one of those other tough road games and we could be in the hunt if we can only have 2 league losses.  

• Plus1 1