Fall-out from Cancellation

8 hours ago, grandpasknee said:

One more week for Bunch and Mazur to get some practice reps?

Assuming you mean Masker?

There is no alternative universe in which to see what might have happened, had the game been played or played after a long delay. We tend to see it all in rose-colored glasses, but there could have been a major injury or three that could have affected the rest of the season.

I’m sure that, by Tuesday, Moos will have an Inbox full of offers to play for cash during NU’s bye week, if that is what they want to do.

Colorado has NO IDEA of what they are in for. Their only game plan on defense has to be to pressure the freshman QB.

Also, if the only thing that visiting recruits got to see was that stadium during the Tunnel Walk for Scott Frost’s first appearance for a real game in Memorial Stadium,  I think it beats the pregame environment that they will see anywhere

• Plus1 1

Since the game wasn't played, I assume that Fox is off the hook for paying the university for the television rights to the game and is the university still on the hook for paying Akron for a game that was cancelled.  My assumption would be that we do not have to pay Akron but likely would anyways since they made the trip.  As for Fox, my guess is we don't get paid.  

6 minutes ago, r06ue1 said:

Since the game wasn't played, I assume that Fox is off the hook for paying the university for the television rights to the game and is the university still on the hook for paying Akron for a game that was cancelled.  My assumption would be that we do not have to pay Akron but likely would anyways since they made the trip.  As for Fox, my guess is we don't get paid.  

Fox is paying the Big Ten (not Nebraska) and that contract is signed. No money lost from them.

If the pregame and the Crowd reaction when  the Huskers came out of the Tunnel was negative? Then you weren’t at the game. I’ve been attending games since 1967. I was at the Oklahoma game in 78 when Billly sims fumbled, at the Miami game. No matter what game or what opponent, I was always able to hear the band until, last night. Never has the stadium erupted like that. You couldn’t even hear your own voice in your head. Announcers on Tv (my daughters told me) said they even got goose bumps from the scene. I imagine the recruits were left with the thought of OMG!!!  It’s like that just when they run onto the field! Yes, it would have been awesome to have seen a game and experienced the whole hit dog but, not a totally negative experience. JMHO

• Plus1 4
3 hours ago, r06ue1 said:

If bowl eligibility is a concern I'm sure they will fit some FCS school in at the end of the season, I doubt it will be however.  

Colorado is a tougher opener than Akron would have been.  Really wish the kids visiting this weekend would be granted a waiver to come back to see next week's game, they must really feel disappointed.  

I wonder if that is a possiblility.  On the other hand...getting to spend two hours with Frost and the team together might have been a cool experience too.

9 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Negative experience for visiting recruits. 

You know...I'm not sure I would spin it as all negative.  The recruits at least got a taste of the atmosphere with the tunnel walk and seeing people like Suh, DWade, Gabby Union, etc.  My buddy was at the game and he said the atmosphere was absolutely electric so I'm sure the recruits noticed that.  Plus, I would venture to say the recruits probably got more face time with the coaches than they ordinarily would have due to the funky circumstances.  I certainly get that it would've been great to see the team up close and personal but it isn't like there won't be any opportunities for the recruits to see how the offense and defense would look.

• Plus1 1