Colorado Next Week

ttkpga

It’s not 100% bad or even bad in general but I would for sure describe it as “not ideal.” The biggest issue I see is that we removed an opponent from the schedule that was a great opportunity for back-ups to play against. I’m sure we will still rotate a lot of players but the fact is, the staff has guys they trust and then they have guys who will have to earn their trust, and there’s not a ton of opportunity for that going forward. 

I still think we win because I think we are better in the trenches, but Colorado is no joke and they have a blend of size and speed at the skill positions that could pose a problem. This becomes especially true if we have some game one jitters, silly penalties, turnovers, etc.

• Plus1 2

I think it makes these next two games must wins. While I was expecting to win the first three games, losing one was not beyond the realm of possibility. Assuming we don't add another game we will need to go 4-5 in B1G play to become bowl eligible if we beat CU & Troy. If, heaven forbid, we drop one of those two games we would need need to go 5-4 in B1G play. With our schedule that will be a lot harder than going 4-5.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, Moiraine said:

There are good arguments for and against that.

Colorado has zero film on us. We have no injuries. We got an extra day of rest. 

Good points on that. 

I still don't like that our QB hasn't played a game in two years and they have a game to get the kinks worked out and build some confidence.

I still think we should win.  Just don't like how things are working out.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Good points on that. 

I still don't like that our QB hasn't played a game in two years and they have a game to get the kinks worked out and build some confidence.

I still think we should win.  Just don't like how things are working out.

Everything you say is correct, but I am so excited about all theses question marks.  We have no idea where the ceiling is or how soon it will be hit.  If UCF is an indication it might be pretty darn quick!

I'm expecting times where things don't click and times where Colorado looks the better team, but I would have expected that even if we managed to play Akron. It's Game 2 now made Game 1; the game reps against Akron would have helped, but I'm not quite sure how much of a difference it makes. 

I think we're going to be fired up, focused, and ready to remind Colorado just why we own this all time series, 49-18. 

On 9/2/2018 at 3:08 PM, TheSker said:

I was at the Rocky Mountain Showdown Friday evening.  Words cannot describe how bad.....make that atrocious.....the Colorado State defense is.

I pulled up the "game notes" for the CU game and on the notes was a section, "Last Fie NU-CU Mettings" which includes the Bill Callahan swan song.  I had done my best to erase that bitter memory.  You should just never score 51 points and lose.