I don't want to hear any more griping about the student section after the Akron game

knapplc

1 hour ago, Fru said:

Edit: "Nothing brings Baby Boomers and Gen Xers together like collectively trashing Millennials youths."

Happy now?

Sometimes you have to remember that your posts will be read like the Brady Bunch episode where Gregg says he wants to live by "exact words" and Mike teaches him a lesson...

If you have not see that one, check it out when you can, you will see what I mean and realize what I am saying.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

This game was my daughter’s first Memorial Stadium game day experience. I was very disappointed that she didn’t get to see an actual football game but it didn’t seem to bother her too much. She said when they delayed the game it turned into more of concert with dancing and “poncho partying” (her words). She was in there for 3-4 hours in some fairly nasty weather before they made them vacate. She sent me quite a few pics and videos. I would agree with the OP, the students showed up and didn’t give up.

I bet she didn't send you all the pictures!

#ThankGodForSons

• Plus1 3

My wife and I had nosebleed tickets. My brother and his wife are UNL students and we’re in the student section. They let us know early on that the bench seats next to them were empty, so we moved on down to the student section. 

There were here empty spots here and there, but it was pretty full, and almost no one in the section left during the delays. It was full of energy, too, but the whole stadium seemed to be alive.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Sometimes you have to remember that your posts will be read like the Brady Bunch episode where Gregg says he wants to live by "exact words" and Mike teaches him a lesson...

If you have not see that one, check it out when you can, you will see what I mean and realize what I am saying.

That isn’t at all relevant here. The fact the age of millenials is permanently 16-22 year olds to a lot of people is why I replied. It’s just synonymous with “unruly, lazy, good-for-nothin’, entitled teenagers.”

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So you have seen the episode?

No. I’m assuming you’re talking about taking people at their literal word. If not, nevermind.

If so, I don’t generally do that. I’m just on a crusade for “Millenial” to be applied correctly. As almost the oldest possible Millenial I feel protective. 

Just now, Moiraine said:

No. I’m assuming you’re talking about taking people at their literal word. If not, nevermind.

If so, I don’t generally do that. I’m just on a crusade for “Millenial” to be applied correctly. As almost the oldest possible Millenial I feel protective. 

You gotta watch it, Mike really teaches his oldest a son a lesson and I think it is safe to say that Mike taught a lot of viewers a lesson in that episode as well.

I agree that the talk about the student section has been over-blown over the last few years.  I think the core group has been pretty good.

But I do think there is some validity to not being able to get it as full or involved as it could have been from time to time.

And with the new era - and new students - there are reasons that the attitude could have changed now.  But that doesn't mean past criticisms were invalid.

• Plus1 1
On 9/2/2018 at 10:17 PM, Mavric said:

But I do think there is some validity to not being able to get it as full or involved as it could have been from time to time.

And with the new era - and new students - there are reasons that the attitude could have changed now.  But that doesn't mean past criticisms were invalid.

The student section was electric near the end of my college days ('09 and '10) and it has been more sporadic since. Recent criticisms towards them were, in my opinion, largely misplaced and/or misinformed.

The largest factor here is winning, IMO. UNL students don't have a large financial burden placed on the team so choosing to watch it somewhere else is an easy choice if the team isn't overly good.

On 9/2/2018 at 10:17 PM, Mavric said:

I agree that the talk about the student section has been over-blown over the last few years.  I think the core group has been pretty good.

# TheRileyEffect

• Plus1 1