I don't want to hear any more griping about the student section after the Akron game

knapplc

On 9/4/2018 at 3:38 PM, Moiraine said:

The majority use ‘96 as the final year. Just depends whether you agree with the Census or the majority which includes researchers like Gallup. I predict the term millenials will be used for teens for much longer though. People still aren’t considering that some millenials grew up without internet til their pre teens (and then it was AOL), without cell phones til adulthood or smartphones til their mid to late 20s, and listening to bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam and Smashing Pumpkins. Maybe the generation should be split between the pre and post internet ages. I feel like I have a hell of a lot more in common with Gen X than I have with anyone under 25.

I don't really say "millenials", don't have a use for it, but when I hear it I just think of people who didn't know life before the internet and smartphone-like devices.

I guess by some of the arbitrary definitions I've read in this thread you and I could be considered millenials (we're the same age if I remember right), but I was an adult for well over a decade before I even heard the word, so it doesn't really mean anything to me.