Akron may not get their money

cheekygeek

54 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Sure, but at the last second, what's that food going to be?  Gruel? S on a Shingle?  I've had Mariott's catering many times at Husker functions and it's OK, but it's not always good.

But that only answers half the question. The other half is where they're going to eat. The dining hall of an unused dorm? Which has been vacant for how long, and is in what state of cleanliness? 

This would be perfectly acceptable for refugees. Say a tornado rips through Lincoln and 200 people are homeless. This would work for them in that emergency.

A game getting canceled because of lightning isn't that kind of emergency. I wouldn't put my kids through that if I were the coach.  Frost seems to have agreed to that, too.

I don’t care about them leaving. Was just answering the question.

50 minutes ago, Redux said:

Because that's a good comparison...

A multimillion dollar corporation in a conglomerate of other multimillion dollar organizations.  Providing income and revenue to many individuals and businesses.  That has an entire network dedicated to it.  That is ran like a fortune 500 company.  Yes yes it is a good comparison.

56 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Are you comparing a band of thunderstorms in southeast Nebraska to a hurricane?

Nope

• Plus1 1

So to sum up...

1)  It's not unfair that UNL won't refund tickets for all of the Husker fans that paid for them, because it says "no refunds/exchanges" on the back of the ticket.

2)  It's classy to pay a team that had a game scheduled, and didn't play: 1.17 million dollars because it's the right thing to do.

3)  It's not prudent, to have a preliminary plan in place (such as food and hotels the next morning and an alternate game time) when it was obvious there was a chance of cancellation (people were talking about it at work in Lincoln), and not to start formulating one until the time the game starts.

Orwell would be proud

I think the people on this board are honestly loony if they believe that the Huskers owe Akron more money than our own fans.  I love the Huskers as much as anyone, but they (the administration) are not immune from criticism.

Disclaimer: ****I will take part of this post back, IF we do manage to schedule another game, and give those with cancelled Akron tickets admission free****

• Plus1 2