The time when Mike Tirico called the Colorado Student Section "idiots" (2005 Nebraska @ Colorado)

7 hours ago, Landlord said:

I've always heard urban legends of piss water bottles and batteries being thrown and cars being keyed and tires being slashed, but I've never met anyone that's actually said it happened to them.

Same.  I've been to Boulder for multiple games as well as Madison.  Never has a bad experience at either place.  Both are beautiful cities.  I'm sure these stories started from something but by the way everyone talks you'd think you're walking into these towns like John McClain with his sandwich board at the beginning of Die Hard with a Vengeance.

• Plus1 2

12 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I've never met/known anyone that had a real problem with CU people when traveling. However, my college roommate (who was in the band) did have urine dumped on him when he was at Missouri game in '09.

I always found Missouri fans to be the worst by far. Colorado fans (and Kansas State as well) always have had deservedly poor reputations, but beyond smack talk and sounding like a bunch of idiots, they were basically harmless. I was in the band as well, and Missouri fans threw stuff (bottles, corn cobs, food wrappers) at us in 97 and 99. I lived in Colorado for several years after college and the CU fans were sometimes petty, jealous, and desperate for validation, but never violent or destructive from what I saw.

But man, they held onto that 2001 game for years as if it were the only football game that had ever been played.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Landlord said:

I've always heard urban legends of piss water bottles and batteries being thrown and cars being keyed and tires being slashed, but I've never met anyone that's actually said it happened to them.

Most fanbases by and large are pretty similar as they're just made up of comparable, normal people. Some are worse or better than others, but even the worst ones are usually pretty harmless overall, especially if you're respectful and courteous. Not saying that really terrible things haven't happened, just that they're the exception.

Reading through some threads on CU boards really just makes me confused and pity them, though. Like, the joke is on you if your hatred of something so arbitrary and meaningless makes you go hours out of your way to not drive through a state, or refuse to wear or own anything of a certain color, or whatever. It's like a junior high pep rally over there.

Yep!

There are a lot of fans that almost go out of their way to be offended.  I have been to 6 or 7 away games and the closest anything ever came to what some people describe was Purdue fans, at a bar, in the morning, yelling "BOoooooooooo" when we walked in and down the stairs.  Lasted for about 5 seconds.  If that even.

I think people know a good story when they hear it, and they end up not necessarily believing it, but liking it enough to pass along.  I think you can attribute a lot of things like thrown batteries, urine bombs, keyed cars, slashed tires, highway hate signs, hawked loogies, etc, to that.

These things may or may not have happened, but they make such great stories that they have to be passed along.

Just read through some of the pages on their hate Neb site. lol

Yep, there are still some of them left from the old days and still hate us, and yes some of the car damages and urine bottles stories are true. 

Ahhhh, nothing like a good old rivalry game to get the juices flowing again. ;)

GBR!!!

31 minutes ago, huskered17 said:

Just read through some of the pages on their hate Neb site. lol

Yep, there are still some of them left from the old days and still hate us, and yes some of the car damages and urine bottles stories are true. 

Ahhhh, nothing like a good old rivalry game to get the juices flowing again. ;)

GBR!!!

I read some pages last night and they had a few funny jokes that were entertaining. Not a very clever bunch. They mentioned something called “Husker magic” and are certain it’s real. It is odd how much hatred they have toward us. For their sake we need to stomp them again to provide justification for their hatred. 

• Plus1 2
10 hours ago, Landlord said:

I have known people who have had cars keyed and flat tires.  It wasn't a slashed tire but someone put a pebble in the valve stem.

I ended up in Denver one year and watched the game at the bar where Coloradans for Nebraska watched games.  When I came out and started driving down the road, someone did something to my car that made the tires smoke like crazy.  No damage, but it caused me to spend an hour in a garage having everything checked out.

On 9/4/2018 at 7:17 PM, commando said:

i checked out a colorado forum.  they have a 54 page  nebraska hate  thread over there.    i thought maybe it was a revived thread from years ago....nope.  it's all this year.    nice to know they still love us.

https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/official-nebraska-hate-thread.131154/

a lot of comments bashing nebraskans for being on drugs, meth, etc.  i dont think they have any high ground to make fun of drug users

• Plus1 2