*** 2018 Game 1 "Expert" Picks: Colorado At Nebraska ***

Saunders

13 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I can't remember the last time where a game line was close and I thought it would not end well for the Skers...but this is that time.  I don't see NU winning this one.  I did at the start of the year but that rain out will have some lasting impact on NU.

You're just trying to get me to call my bookie.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This game almost completely boils down to really how good Martinez is and how well he runs the offense.

I believe we will win fairly easily, but...at the same time....I'm extremely nervous until I actually see how Martinez is going to play.

Yeah, I think that's pretty much it as well.  He's going to make some mistakes.  It's a question of how many and how big of a mistake.  If he misses a couple easy throws that cost us first downs, we can overcome that.  If he throws a couple picks that lead to easy scores for them, we're probably in trouble.

6 hours ago, teachercd said:

I can't remember the last time where a game line was close and I thought it would not end well for the Skers...but this is that time.  I don't see NU winning this one.  I did at the start of the year but that rain out will have some lasting impact on NU.

tumblr_oonkdeQA301vzx58zo2_500.gif

• Plus1 2
13 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

Reading through these posts, just now, the fact that Adrian M hasn't taken a live game snap in over two year suddenly seems like a very big thing for me.  Hope like Iowa I'm wrong. (I use Iowa instead of the "h" word, as they are equivalent anyway)

You're wrong. Just go listen to some clips of the coaches talking about him again. I don't think Frost is the type to blow something up bigger than it is.

I think this will be tougher than expected.  Colorado was division champ year before last.  Might be some of that talent still around.  I don't know.  I did watch a little of their game and was some what surprised at how good they looked.

We still haven't seen anything to confirm how we all feel.  That makes it tough.  As techered says, missing the opening game will have an affect, but how much.  Guess we will find out Saturday.  Not supposed to be rained out correct?

• Plus1 1