Do we still miss the Big 12?

Dansker

4 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

Big 12 colleges are located in the worst cities...ah...villages, in the USA.  Why anyone would miss making a trip to Waco or Ames or...gag...Manhatten on a perfectly good Saturday?  Sure...I make the trips now and then but I've been kinda brain damaged since the 80's.  

So you probably made the trip to beautiful Iowa City today?  I'm sorry for your loss.

15 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

Big 12 colleges are located in the worst cities...ah...villages, in the USA.  Why anyone would miss making a trip to Waco or Ames or...gag...Manhatten on a perfectly good Saturday?  Sure...I make the trips now and then but I've been kinda brain damaged since the 80's.  

Cy bringing some reason in here. Good to see you back again. Sorry about the game today

It is better for nebraska to be playing Penn, or Jersey and not kansas colorado iowa.    

just kidding ..   Dr Osborne didn't like playing second fiddle to Texas.     

At least we don't have to face the annual drubbing by the Okies.    but then again   what about wisconsin Michigan and ohio state.    Not to mention our troubles with the Golden Gophers.

Dr Osborne must have heard by now that Coach Stoops is looking for a job.   I think he should be approached as it seems that Scott is choking early.   Despite $7 million bucks..  no performance.  We now spend the most money on coaching of any team in America IMHO>Would like to see other opinions on this.     

coach bob stoops.jpg

• Plus1 2

It is better for nebraska to be playing Penn, or Jersey and not kansas colorado iowa.    

At least we don't have to face the annual drubbing by the Okies.    but then again   what about wisconsin Michigan and ohio state.    Not to mention our troubles with the Golden Gophers.   

The Texass league, LMAO: NO. Besides, we were always out voted 11 to 1 on issues in the conference. The big 8 brothers turned their backs on us, called us ugly names because we were leaving it behind and some on here please quit looking back. Yeah it was a great time against Oklahoma,  butting heads in the Big 8 but that is gone since 1996,  we joined the Texass league. Remember it was all about Texass and their brown nosers at the time. No regrets UNL went to the B1G. 

On 9/9/2018 at 9:15 AM, SandHills Pete said:

Why are you here?

• Plus1 2

Watching the CU/NU game made me a little nostalgic for the Big 8.  That was one helluva game. 

I do miss the Big 8 - except for the annual drubbings you handed us (and OU still hands us most years).  I don't have a problem with WVU or TCU generally, but there's no shared history with them - much like some of you have said about teams in the Big 10.  And WVU is a hellacious road trip.  Some day, I will make it there for a game.  Say what you will about Aggie oddness, but my visits there and in Lincoln are among my favorite football road trips.  So yeah, I miss parts of the Big 12, as it was before the implosion.

I will say that I enjoy the dumpster fire currently raging down in Austin.  Hopefully this season OSU will make it 4 straight wins against them.

Good luck this year.  It's good to see that you finally found a coach you can really get behind. 

• Plus1 3
On 9/8/2018 at 7:05 PM, ReddyRed said:

Fellas, let's get real.

I understand all the pretexts – "UT bullied every one else in the conference," and "UT set up its own network," blah, blah, blah – but the fact is that the Huskers were 1-10 against UT during NU's membership in the Big 12.

It just looks petty to use other excuses for leaving the Big 12. The fact is that NU won one single game against UT, and lost 10. Whether true or not, to everyone else it looks like that was the reason. And it's not a good look.

If you, or anyone else seriously believes that we left the Big 12 because we couldn't beat Texas, then you're probably the person who believes we faked the moon landing, the Earth is flat, and Dune is a great movie.

• Plus1 5
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:19 PM, Hayseed said:

I would’ve rather joined the PAC than the Big since we’re traveling to a coast ....... the stadiums in Cal and Az would be full of Husker fans and recruiting would be easy. 

The Big 12 we played in no longer exists.... 4 of the teams are gone.

If we would have joined the PAC, 1/2 of our games would have started at 9-10pm central time as the late game on ESPN.

Oh and HELL NO on missing the Big12.  How can Colorado make you nostalgic to go back when they don't play in the Big12 either?