*** Official Colorado Game Thread ***

Mavric

2 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Really?  So u were okay with the unsportsman call?  That was a horses#!t call, even after review

I'm sorry, that was a good call.  Reed had 3 friggin steps and a crush to the kids face to stop that.  You watch his head he actually follows the ball flying by him and continues on to smack the player who gave up on the play.

PlayStation football, if you want to call it that, is what the game is today.  Talent is better, but a ways off from being Big 10 contending talent.  This is a process folks.  Colorado is a decent team.  Hard team to play in game 1.  Should have, and could have won.  7-8 wins are still the real goal for this season.

• Plus1 1
Just now, secretasianman said:

Yeah , you’re right, I admit it.

But dang it .. poor clock management was such a huge factor in this game.  

Live by up-tempo , die by up - tempo.  Not sure why they didn’t run the clock when they could have.  That was the difference .

I think going -3 in turnovers was the difference.

But yeah they were running tempo when it would have far more prudent to ground and pound and use the entire play clock.

It definitely sucks to lose the game.  I think it’s different if NU plays a game last week. But, that game didn’t get played so NU had some mistakes which were costly.

I liked a lot of what I saw, but there are definitely things to work on. The offense had 565 yards and had a dropped TD pass by a senior WR.  That TD would have put NU up by 8 entering the 4th quarter. The D played well at times, and got burned by a very good QB and WR a few times. The penalty on Reed was the right call, he just made a bad play.

Sometimes the hardest thing to do with a team that is used to losing is to get them to make the plays that win games. The team still has gaps in talent that will need to be fixed, as well. 

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, Army_Allen said:

Poor clock management. Turnovers. Self inflicted well deserved penatlities killed this game. Not a 19 year old kid who decided he didnt want to play his college career on the bench. Grow up.

Screenshot_20180908-175843_Chrome.jpg

Well, Gebbia is a quitter not much more you can say about that. Evidently, no one told him Brook Beringer's story.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, InOmaha said:

I had fun.  The D played better then they have in years.  Gebbia should have stayed.  He might be on ESPN tonight for a 4th quarter win, rather then riding pine at OSU while tOSU ponded them.  Oh well.  Bunch will get that last throw on the news.

565 yards on offense.

Depending on the injury he may have been starting next week.  s#!te happens, move on and hope Martinez is back next week.

• Plus1 1