*** Official Colorado Game Thread ***

Mavric

Everybody bitching about the "clock management" has obviously never watched a UCF or Oregon game.  This is what they are, this is what Frost does.  He isn't going to change because a bunch of people think he should.  You get the whole package, and you don't get to just choose small pieces of it to support.  It isn't Frost's fault you chose not to research how he runs an offense.  That's on you.

Get behind this team or stop watching, posting, reading, and caring.

If Frost can't fix us, I don't think anybody can.  Game 1 vs a good team with a walk-on at QB.  You think those kids didn't let doubt creep in when they were down 14, and they came back.  That is progress.  Everybody has selective memory.  We straight up quit like little spoiled toddlers in our last 3 games last year.  Just quit.

That didn't happen, and we were on the 20 on the last play with a walk-on.  If somehow he catches that pass, or Spielman doesn't drop the 3rd down catch we would all be saying how great Frost is to win this game with a walk-on.

Unbelievable.  I thought we were all behind Frost.  Unity of purpose.  All you guys that thought this was going to be easy, you have no clue how you have to tear down and then build up a team when you take over.

• Plus1 3

So many mistakes. Morgan drops a TD, JD drops a game winning 1st down, DB unnecessary roughness that gave them the 1st down, we missed a makeable fg, Martinez is hurt, and this isn't all. To be honest, it's a wonder we were in the ballgame. Loss sucks but I'm not giving up on this team or Frost 

Press conference is good.  He will coach to win.  He will be aggressive.  Thats how you build a winning formula.  Made the mistakes that kill a teams chances to win the game.  Turnovers will cost most teams.  Really good teams lose games with turnovers and penalties.  We had both in abundance.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Nebhawk said:

Press conference is good.  He will coach to win.  He will be aggressive.  Thats how you build a winning formula.  Made the mistakes that kill a teams chances to win the game.  Turnovers will cost most teams.  Really good teams lose games with turnovers and penalties.  We had both in abundance.

At least we have a coach that obviously doesn't like losing.

LOL, Could we get Jalen Hurts?  LOLOLOLOLOLOL

12 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

There wasn't much he could do thanks to Gebbia leaving what 5 days before the first game.  We are stuck with what we have available.  If Martinez is out for a few games, we are pretty much done for this season other than letting kids get experience.  Nothing Frost could do about Gebbia leaving at one of the most inopportune times.

If Martinez is done for the year, the experience won't really matter. The difference between Bunch and Martinez is enormous. Not Bunch's fault, very few players can move like AM. 

Just now, gorp512 said:

If Martinez is done for the year, the experience won't really matter. The difference between Bunch and Martinez is enormous. Not Bunch's fault, very few players can move like AM. 

It's not just that, Bunch was not even D1 material, but he became that by walking on.  I love the kid but he wont lead us to much over teams like Michigan, OSU MSU etc.  AM is gone, we aren't making a bowl in my opinion.

INDEED is totally correct.

Time to forget about the Callahan, Pelini, and Riley era's.  Throw those away.  

Move forward.  We just lost to a Power 5 team in week 1.  We just lost to a team that came in ready to play.  This was a big game to them, a RED letter game.  

Frost is the future of the program.  Game one comments are eerily similar to alot of games coached by those other guys named above.  We have room for improvement.  I expect to see major improvement from now until the next game.  

Get behind this team and its staff.  I think the coaching staff will make major adjustments going forward.  

@In the Deed the Glory we all knew what Scott Frost's "system" was/is.

The point is just slow down.  You have a lead, the ball, and the smart strategy is to milk the damn clock.  This has nothing to do with Frost going outside of his system.  This has everything to do with playing smart.  There are times when slowing down and managing the clock are necessary.  This was one of those times and Frost didn't do it.