*** Official Colorado Game Thread ***

Mavric

10 minutes ago, WastingTime said:

Lifelong Buff fan here. But I follow NU too - more closely since the teams left the Big 12.

Just wanted to say, you guys were way better than I thought you'd be. Martinez especially impressed me - I hope he is okay, sounds like initial reports are encouraging. Frost is a good hire and you guys will be back competing for an NC, I honestly believe. We caught you at a good time, but this game was more important to the CU program at this time than it is to NU. You guys will be fine, and the class of the Big10+4 in no time.

That game was insane! You will not see a better CFB game this weekend, and maybe all season, imho. CU has been on the wrong side of most of those in this series, so I know it sucks and I know y'all hate my f*ing guts right now and don't want to hear it from me, but all I gotta say is much love and much respect for NU! I wish we were still in the same conference (Big8 not Big12). Keep your heads up - NU will be back.  

I wish all CU fans were like you. You guys played really well and earned this win. You definitely caught us at the right time. Good luck in the Pac12 this year.

• Plus1 2
30 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

You done circling me or we we going to continue talking in circles?

Nebraska had a 1 point lead.  Going slower to ensure a win, or at the minimum give your opponent as little time as possible, SHOULD have been is the approach.  Strategy when appropriate needs to override "system".

I know what you think, what I think and what the traditional football minds think.  I'm not saying its wrong.

I'm telling you he won't do that.  Ever.  Just like he won't go under center to sneak it.  He just won't.  We just have to get used to that.  He is who he is.

Edit:  Food for thought....Also, this isn't the NFL.  If he goes fast and we score with the walk-on everybody calls him a genius.  Its easy to second guess sitting in your chair or in the bleachers.  It all comes down to players making plays.

• Plus1 1
58 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Lol @army_allen why you calling my post out? I’m simply saying he left our program- what’s the point of us even complaining about him? He made a move without thinking things through and now he’s sitting out another year when he woulda had his chance now. I’m essentially agreeing with your statement with a little dose of reality as he rots away at that sad sack of a program. lol 

He had almost no time to think it through due to the timing of the announcement.

That’s on Frost. 

He had every expectation that he would sit on the bench all season and end up essentially losing two years of eligibility if he transferred. 

Thats on Frost. 

He he made the best decision he could in the time allotted. It was clear from the coaches messaging that he didn’t fit as a QB in their system, and that the only reason it was close was due to how hard he worked at it. But the writing was on the wall, he was going to be a backup whose best hope was that the starter got hurt. 

I am ashamed of this fan base for how they are treating Gebbia. He didn’t fumble the ball twice.  He didn’t throw an interception. He didn’t play defense. He didn’t get that late unnecessary roughness penalty. He simply left to pursue his dream.

What an asshole. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Branno said:

He had almost no time to think it through due to the timing of the announcement.

That’s on Frost. 

He had every expectation that he would sit on the bench all season and end up essentially losing two years of eligibility if he transferred. 

Thats on Frost. 

He he made the best decision he could in the time allotted. It was clear from the coaches messaging that he didn’t fit as a QB in their system, and that the only reason it was close was due to how hard he worked at it. But the writing was on the wall, he was going to be a backup whose best hope was that the starter got hurt. 

I am ashamed of this fan base for how they are treating Gebbia. He didn’t fumble the ball twice.  He didn’t throw an interception. He didn’t play defense. He didn’t get that late unnecessary roughness penalty. He simply left to pursue his dream.

What an asshole. 

edit: Devil's advocate

Or, he bailed on teammates during a game week and selfishly put himself before his team.  That does sound like an asshole.

There is always two sides, problem with America right now is nobody takes a real look at the other side.

• Plus1 1
Just now, In the Deed the Glory said:

Or, he bailed on teammates during a game week.  There is always two sides, problem with America right now is nobody takes a real look at the other side.

I’ve looked at that side of the argument, and I still don’t blame him for leaving. He was out into a situation where he stays and possibly loses 2 years of eligibility or leaves and moved on. 

He was spurned. He wasn’t chosen. He left and moved on. I wish our fanbase could instead of dragging him through the mud. 

1 minute ago, Branno said:

I’ve looked at that side of the argument, and I still don’t blame him for leaving. He was out into a situation where he stays and possibly loses 2 years of eligibility or leaves and moved on. 

He was spurned. He wasn’t chosen. He left and moved on. I wish our fanbase could instead of dragging him through the mud. 

Fine.  Those that disagree wish that today's player would put team before self and do whatever it takes to win games, not make sure they get to play even if it is on a losing team.  Gebbia leaving was for him, and he isn't ever going to be a pro.  He made a selfish decision spurred on by adult's who don't give proper advice to help the young man grow into a responsible adult himself.

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Fine.  Those that disagree wish that today's player would put team before self and do whatever it takes to win games, not make sure they get to play even if it is on a losing team.  Gebbia leaving was for him, and he isn't ever going to be a pro.  He made a selfish decision spurred on by adult's who don't give proper advice to help the young man grow into a responsible adult himself.

Whether he makes it not isn’t your decision, but at least he stands a chance at Oregon State. If he wants to play on Sunday he wasn’t going to get there by playing in a system he doesn’t fit or riding the bench. He has one shot to do that and needs to do whatever it takes to accomplish that. 

The only reason anyone gives a s#!t isn’t about giving up on teammates. It’s because we didn’t have a QB that would START at most schools as a backup. Sounds pretty f#&%ing selfish to me. 

Just now, Branno said:

Whether he makes it not isn’t your decision, but at least he stands a chance at Oregon’s a state. If he wants to play on Sunday he wasn’t going to get there by playing in a system he doesn’t fit or riding the bench. He has one shot to do that and needs to do whatever it takes to accomplish that. 

The only reason anyone gives a s#!t isn’t about giving up on teammates. It’s because we didn’t have a WB that would START at most schools as a backup. Sounds pretty f#&%ing selfish to me. 

You don't know that's why people think that.  You continue to project your beliefs on others thoughts.  Maybe they really believe in loyalty, and they don't like that a kid would have been all about NU but only IF he gets the starting job.  Maybe they don't believe you should only give loyalty if you are handed things you don't deserve.  Maybe they think that if you lose you battle your ass off and when you get your shot, like he would have game 1, you prove the coaches wrong.  Maybe this world isn't always about individuals, but about people working together to accomplish a common goal.  Maybe sports should be about perseverance, camraderie, and the value of hard work.

There are MANY who don't think taking your ball and going home is the way to overcome adversity.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

You don't know that's why people think that.  You continue to project your beliefs on others thoughts.  Maybe they really believe in loyalty, and they don't like that a kid would have been all about NU but only IF he gets the starting job.  Maybe they don't believe you should only give loyalty if you are handed things you don't deserve.  Maybe they think that if you lose you battle your ass off and when you get your shot, like he would have game 1, you prove the coaches wrong.  Maybe this world isn't always about individuals, but about people working together to accomplish a common goal.  Maybe sports should be about perseverance, camraderie, and the value of hard work.

There are MANY who don't think taking your ball and going home is the way to overcome adversity.

Keep insulting a college kid. It’s really winning me over. 

2 minutes ago, Branno said:

Keep insulting a college kid. It’s really winning me over. 

Not trying to win you over, frankly I could care less about Gebbia.  I'm just trying to point out that other people may have valid opinions.  Its okay to disagree, but you don't have to resort to insulting people who think differently than you like you did in the first post I responded to.

Also, I insulted no one.  This world really doesn't understand what that word means anymore.

• Plus1 2
47 minutes ago, WastingTime said:

Lifelong Buff fan here. But I follow NU too - more closely since the teams left the Big 12.

Just wanted to say, you guys were way better than I thought you'd be. Martinez especially impressed me - I hope he is okay, sounds like initial reports are encouraging. Frost is a good hire and you guys will be back competing for an NC, I honestly believe. We caught you at a good time, but this game was more important to the CU program at this time than it is to NU. You guys will be fine, and the class of the Big10+4 in no time.

That game was insane! You will not see a better CFB game this weekend, and maybe all season, imho. CU has been on the wrong side of most of those in this series, so I know it sucks and I know y'all hate my f*ing guts right now and don't want to hear it from me, but all I gotta say is much love and much respect for NU! I wish we were still in the same conference (Big8 not Big12). Keep your heads up - NU will be back.  

Thanks and good luck in the PAC.  Kick some butt so we feel better about the loss.  See ya next year.

8 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Not trying to win you over, frankly I could care less about Gebbia.  I'm just trying to point out that other people may have valid opinions.  Its okay to disagree, but you don't have to resort to insulting people who think differently than you like you did in the first post I responded to.

Also, I insulted no one.  This world really doesn't understand what that word means anymore.

You called him disloyal. 

You said he didn’t work hard. 

You said he has no chance to make the NFL. 

You called him selfish. 

Then you defended those in this thread that criticized him. Those that called him an asshole and various others names.

You then slander me by claiming I insulted someone. I’m guessing you didn’t quite read my first response fully. I was sarcastically calling Gebbia an asshole.

These are your words. Yours. Take accountability for the things you say. And if you truly don’t want to talk about Gebbia, don’t. It’s pretty easy. Watch me not respond to whatever bulls#!t you write next in this thread.