*** Official Colorado Game Thread ***

Mavric

2 minutes ago, Branno said:

You called him disloyal. 

You said he didn’t work hard. 

You said he has no chance to make the NFL. 

You called him selfish. 

Then you defended those in this thread that criticized him. Those that called him an asshole and various others names. 

These are your words. Yours. Take accountability for the things you say. And if you truly don’t want to talk about Gebbia, don’t. It’s pretty easy. Watch me not respond to whatever bulls#!t you write next in this thread. 

How is he loyal? How is he not selfish?  Those thing are true.  The offensive scheme that we presented today most certainly could have fit his abilities.  Martinez, ,and Bunch, had mucho time in the pocket.  

2 minutes ago, Branno said:

You called him disloyal. Incorrect, I defined what loyalty looks like to some people who may feel differently than you.

You said he didn’t work hard. No, I said some people believe that the answer would have been to "bust your ass" and try to overcome his place on the depth chart.

You said he has no chance to make the NFL. That's not an insult, its an observation of his arm talent and ability as a QB not of him as a person.  Taking that into account, I do not believe he has NFL arm talent or size.

You called him selfish. Wrong again, I called the decision selfish not the person.

Then you defended those in this thread that criticized him. Those that called him an asshole and various others names. I wasn't defending anyone, I was pointing out the logical fallacy in your arguments because you refused to see why people may feel differently than you and only would listen to those that agree with your point of view.  This is the FoxNEWS and MSNBC half-truths bleeding into our world.

These are your words. Yours. Take accountability for the things you say. And if you truly don’t want to talk about Gebbia, don’t. It’s pretty easy. Watch me not respond to whatever bulls#!t you write next in this thread. You can do whatever the hell you want, I really don't care.  This is not a personal thing, if it is for you, that's on you. 

I'm done with this.  You can't have an intelligent conversation without moving goalposts and getting angry so I have exhausted my interest in it.  Have a good night.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

How is he loyal? How is he not selfish?  Those thing are true.  The offensive scheme that we presented today most certainly could have fit his abilities.  Martinez, ,and Bunch, had mucho time in the pocket.  

He could have left when POB left, but he didn’t. He stayed and tried to make it work. It didn’t work. 

Why arent we sering rants about POB (or any other player that left)’s loyalty? Timing?

No. It’s the loss. Which he had no part in. Get over it. I’m sure he has. 

50 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

I wish all CU fans were like you. You guys played really well and earned this win. You definitely caught us at the right time. Good luck in the Pac12 this year.

I appreciate it, and I appreciate the NU program and it's fans. I know some CU fans have chosen to represent the school and program poorly in this rivalry, and it's a shame, because at the root of it all, the reason the original coach Mac circled Nebraska in the first place was because it was obvious this was a program we aspired to grow into. I like to think we got close - definitely closer than Mizzou or KU or anybody other than Oklahoma. As you guys know, but I'll reiterate from personal experience, you really are the classiest fanbase in CFB and I wish that was something we aspired to as much as the on-field dominance you enjoyed for a long time.

CU bot fan will bring up stuff like "Sal is dead, go Big Red" as this biblically unforgivable insult (despite the fact that we benefited way more from that than the select losers who put that sign up ever did). And it's not like we haven't had our share of tasteless and even abhorrent transgressions. At the end of the day, I really miss playing you guys every year - nothing we've experienced in the PAC12 has come close to recreating the intensity, passion and anticipation for a scheduled opponent. I hope you win every game the rest of the season and I look forward to meeting again in Boulder next year!

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Branno said:

He could have left when POB left, but he didn’t. He stayed and tried to make it work. It didn’t work. 

Why arent we sering rants about POB (or any other player that left)’s loyalty? Timing?

No. It’s the loss. Which he had no part in. Get over it. I’m sure he has. 

again- it's not that he left it was the timing.  That was the disloyal and selfish part.  No Regerts is probably what he'd say if asked. 

7 minutes ago, WastingTime said:

I appreciate it, and I appreciate the NU program and it's fans. I know some CU fans have chosen to represent the school and program poorly in this rivalry, and it's a shame, because at the root of it all, the reason the original coach Mac circled Nebraska in the first place was because it was obvious this was a program we aspired to grow into. I like to think we got close - definitely closer than Mizzou or KU or anybody other than Oklahoma. As you guys know, but I'll reiterate from personal experience, you really are the classiest fanbase in CFB and I wish that was something we aspired to as much as the on-field dominance you enjoyed for a long time.

CU bot fan will bring up stuff like "Sal is dead, go Big Red" as this biblically unforgivable insult (despite the fact that we benefited way more from that than the select losers who put that sign up ever did). And it's not like we haven't had our share of tasteless and even abhorrent transgressions. At the end of the day, I really miss playing you guys every year - nothing we've experienced in the PAC12 has come close to recreating the intensity, passion and anticipation for a scheduled opponent. I hope you win every game the rest of the season and I look forward to meeting again in Boulder next year!

Do we even know that the whole "Sal is dead..." thing is real?  I was raised to believe that Bill McCarthy painted that himself to motivate his team.  No?  

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

Do we even know that the whole "Sal is dead..." thing is real?  I was raised to believe that Bill McCarthy painted that himself to motivate his team.  No?  

I don't. I never saw it personally. Nor did I ever see urine bombs. Could have been an NU fan pissed himself, no? These are things that legends are made of. :)

1 hour ago, WastingTime said:

Lifelong Buff fan here. But I follow NU too - more closely since the teams left the Big 12.

Just wanted to say, you guys were way better than I thought you'd be. Martinez especially impressed me - I hope he is okay, sounds like initial reports are encouraging. Frost is a good hire and you guys will be back competing for an NC, I honestly believe. We caught you at a good time, but this game was more important to the CU program at this time than it is to NU. You guys will be fine, and the class of the Big10+4 in no time.

That game was insane! You will not see a better CFB game this weekend, and maybe all season, imho. CU has been on the wrong side of most of those in this series, so I know it sucks and I know y'all hate my f*ing guts right now and don't want to hear it from me, but all I gotta say is much love and much respect for NU! I wish we were still in the same conference (Big8 not Big12). Keep your heads up - NU will be back.  

I don't like losing. I don't like losing to a rival even more. 

But damn, was it nice seeing Colorado in Lincoln again. And, even though it was Colorado doing the celebrating, I could definitely see how much this win means for the program. I wish we would've had the opportunity to play Akron, but CU was the better team on the field today. I'm optimistic for this team though. 

We'll just have to return the favor in Boulder next year :)

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

again- it's not that he left it was the timing.  That was the disloyal and selfish part.  No Regerts is probably what he'd say if asked. 

I guess I just don’t understand this. He had no control over the timing, Coach Frost did. He was forced to make a difficult decision at the last hour. He chose. 

We we should move on. 

Just now, Branno said:

I guess I just don’t understand this. He had no control over the timing, Coach Frost did. He was forced to make a difficult decision at the last hour. He chose. 

We we should move on. 

He could have left when POB did and let us find someone else.  He ate reps and ate a roster spot. By all accounts, he worked extremely hard for a year and half, and then just quit when he didn't get his way.  What a waste of a year and half for him.   Maybe it works out for him, but I don't care if it does because he put my team in a bind-but I guess that's just me being selfish.  

And the excuse of the scheme just doesn't suit him is crap.  It's not like he didn't know what the scheme was going to be in December when Frost was hired.  

2 hours ago, krc1995 said:

I guess that's just me being selfish. 

Ultimately, that's the part that's causing so much of an issue here. Both sides are selfish, and should be.

The coaches and fans want to have a player of Gebbia's capabilities as a backup. To say any different would be a lie.  But it is selfish.

Gebbia wants to be a starter, which was never going to happen here outside of an injury. While we're in the future, that's a lot to bank your collegiate and possible professional career on. He needed to put himself in the best position to be a starter, and that was not at NU after Coach Frost said the only reason he isn't the starter is due to Martinez being a little more mobile (or something to that effect, I don't care enough to look up the exact quote but they were essentially tied). This is selfish.

And the excuse of the scheme just doesn't suit him is crap

Coach Frost took 2 players of equal skill (neck and neck?) and used fit as a tie breaker. Martinez fit the scheme more than Gebbia. It's telling he went to Oregon State and not another RPO/Zone read school. He is a pro-QB that worked his ass off to play here. It didn't work out.

What is crap, however, is that Gebbia should be selfess to serve the selfish needs of fans and coaches. And that's what I take offense to. That long time members are disparaging him (just look through this thread around the time Martinez got hurt, it's horrifying). I lost a lot of respect for many members of the board today.