Jump to content

*** Official Colorado Game Thread ***


Mavric

Recommended Posts


  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lifelong Buff fan here. But I follow NU too - more closely since the teams left the Big 12.   Just wanted to say, you guys were way better than I thought you'd be. Martinez especially impres

I’m watching this with my mommy and I accidentally said the F word in front of her for the first time ever. 

Posted Images

What a bunch of cry babies.  We wanted improvement.  We saw a team down by 14 almost instantly.  Did not quit, fought back.  Saw the leader of the team get hurt,  a few plays before the sandwich deal.  They still played hard.  Moved the ball with a walk on QB.  Last year, what would have happened, what would have happend with a Pelini lead team?  

 

It takes time, and we all promised to give him time if he came here.  Give him the time he needs.  He told us it would not happen isntantly.  Some failed to hear that.

 

Anyone that watched Colorado play last week, had to feel they would be in the game.  Blind Husker glasses seem to change reality on this board.  We all love this team, and yes a few of us still love the head coach.  Things will be better, they are better.

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
1 minute ago, Making Chimichangas said:

@In the Deed the Glory we all knew what Scott Frost's "system" was/is.

 

The point is just slow down.  You have a lead, the ball, and the smart strategy is to milk the damn clock.  This has nothing to do with Frost going outside of his system.  This has everything to do with playing smart.  There are times when slowing down and managing the clock are necessary.  This was one of those times and Frost didn't do it.

I agree that Frost should have slowed down a bit, but maybe the team and the players have to learn how to slow down things when needed.  That may not happen until the end of this year or next year. 

1 minute ago, gorp512 said:

But man, is that offense fun?

 

 

I loved the offense. 

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

@In the Deed the Glory we all knew what Scott Frost's "system" was/is.

 

The point is just slow down.  You have a lead, the ball, and the smart strategy is to milk the damn clock.  This has nothing to do with Frost going outside of his system.  This has everything to do with playing smart.  There are times when slowing down and managing the clock are necessary.  This was one of those times and Frost didn't do it.

 

If you think he will slow down in that situation, ever, you don't know his "system".  

  • Plus1 1
Link to post

When the best and most talented player on the field is a WR on the Colorado sideline, its speaks alot about where our talent is at this point.  Recruiting is so important.  We haven't had a great recruiting class in a while.  Shows on the field at times.  If we get max effort from this group, they are capable of winning 7-8 games this season with Amart.  Without Amart, I dn't know what is in store.

Link to post

1 minute ago, Nebhawk said:

When the best and most talented player on the field is a WR on the Colorado sideline, its speaks alot about where our talent is at this point.  Recruiting is so important.  We haven't had a great recruiting class in a while.  Shows on the field at times.  If we get max effort from this group, they are capable of winning 7-8 games this season with Amart.  Without Amart, I dn't know what is in store.

I think the talent still has a ways to improve. Good points. The D started to look gassed in the 2nd half and we don’t have a lot of depth at key positions. 

Link to post
2 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Martinez was 15/20.  Add in those 2 makes him 17/20.  That is phenomenal. 

Frost has to work on that discipline factor.  I saw multiple times players jawing with others after big plays and those can and possibly will be called penalties in the B1G(depends on the refs, ad we all know the B1G refs are the best</sacasm>).  We had a bunch of penalties throughout the game, we need to fix that. We need to fix the turnovers as well, currently we are exactly where we were under Riley and his first game -3.

Link to post
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I think the talent still has a ways to improve. Good points. The D started to look gassed in the 2nd half and we don’t have a lot of depth at key positions. 

I was watching that talent play today- Holmes and Bookie.  Unfortunately they weren't playing for us.

Link to post

When your team isn't loading on either side of the ball, you play to win the game.  If that means going down field with a pass, then thats what is going to happen.  Football is an up tempo game now.  Amart is going to be a great one.  I think our offense will just get better.  

Defense showed more guts, and they did make more tackles today than in recent years.  Work in progress.

 

Those who did listen to Frost in the early on set would have heard that there is alot of work to be done here to win games and win consistently.  

Link to post

Lamar Jackson was a letdown. He still played like he was under Diaco. Constant blown "coverage" and penalties.

 

I don't care that we lost. New coaching staff, and young team, whatever. We were never gonna be good this year anyway. But the fact that we had such an awesome first half then they actively tried to lose in the 4th quarter is biting. Colorado tried to lose too but we just tried harder.

Link to post
4 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

 

If you think he will slow down in that situation, ever, you don't know his "system".  

 

You done circling me or we we going to continue talking in circles?

 

Nebraska had a 1 point lead.  Going slower to ensure a win, or at the minimum give your opponent as little time as possible, SHOULD have been is the approach.  Strategy when appropriate needs to override "system".

 

 

Link to post
2 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Frost has to work on that discipline factor.  I saw multiple times players jawing with others after big plays and those can and possibly will be called penalties in the B1G(depends on the refs, ad we all know the B1G refs are the best</sacasm>).  We had a bunch of penalties throughout the game, we need to fix that. We need to fix the turnovers as well, currently we are exactly where we were under Riley and his first game -3.

I agree that Frost needs to get the team disciplined, but that will be the next step. These kids were a broken team last year. Frost and the staff has them playing with passion and effort that I haven’t seen in some years at NU. The final step is learning how to play aggressive, fast, and smart, and learning how to win games. 

  • Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...