Adrian Martinez Injury

2 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

This.  I've had multiple torn ligaments in my knees.  My first ACL it didn't even hurt until I tried to plant on it.

That might be true but do you think the only decent qb that Nebraska has would even be put in a situation where he could ruin his knee?  I’m assuming that the training staff is treating this with the utmost caution. And you don’t let the starting qb do what he is doing if there is even a thought that he has ligament damage

3 minutes ago, soup said:

That might be true but do you think the only decent qb that Nebraska has would even be put in a situation where he could ruin his knee?  I’m assuming that the training staff is treating this with the utmost caution. And you don’t let the starting qb do what he is doing if there is even a thought that he has ligament damage

If the acl is a complete tear no amount of walking around can make it worse.  If it is a strain, same thing.  Plus every knee is different.  Nobody will know anything for sure without an MRI.  You can't diagnose this by seeing how he is walking, standing, and not using crutches.  Knees just don't work that way.

Ok let’s try this another way. 

Here Rd are the two things we know:

1. Frost was semi encouraged about the injury

2. AM was seen after the game chatting with fans, taking pictures and interacting with them

3.  He has ice on his knee 

what conclusions can we draw from these three facts?

he definitely tore his ACL and the training staff is not telling him and the head coach

he might have torn his acl but the head coach is encouraged by the fact he has lost his only starting qb for the year

or he strained his knee and will be out a week or two at most

ehat would you say?

• Fire 1

Still petitioning the NCAA for the Vedral transfer.

IF wanting to play closer to home (and it appears to be for some previous petitioners).......that would be totally legit to grant it to Vedral.

The trouble is with the NCAA (who seems to operate on their own timeline)............And seemingly have no solid criteria for who/what is granted and who is denied.

(apologize if this was posted by someone earlier in the thread, but if so, I missed it)

Semi-encouraged coach=it isn't an obvious tear from initial examination, but they are waiting until they get the MRI results to say anything

Ice on his knees=they are keeping the swelling down so they can MRI Monday

Chatting with fans and taking pictures=he is not in pain and it means nothing for diagnosis

I'm not saying he tore anything, I'm obviously hoping he didn't.  All I'm saying is I have a lot of experience with knee injuries, and you cannot assume anything from any of the information we have at this moment.

5 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Frost says it is semi encouraging news. Come here and hear ACL tear done for the year.

I'm confused.

Rumors.  And Rumors of rumors.  Frost was semi encouraged per presser.  All else is guesswork.  I am sure (hope) we will know more in the future.  I know Frost said he will only release injury info if it is season ending.  

• Plus1 2