Adrian Martinez Injury

4 hours ago, Swiv3D said:

Martinez got hurt and if he's out for an extended period of time, I'm rooting for Bunch

After seeing him toss those 2 passes out of bounds, I'm not sure how much confidence I have.  Granted, he came in under less than ideal circumstances, but you have to give your receivers a chance.

I think we can beat Troy with him.  So there's that.

55 minutes ago, The Dude said:

After seeing him toss those 2 passes out of bounds, I'm not sure how much confidence I have.  Granted, he came in under less than ideal circumstances, but you have to give your receivers a chance.

I think we can beat Troy with him.  So there's that.

i think Bunch will be ok, high pressure situation in his first start.......if AM is a slow heal, i am concerned who takes snaps behind Bunch??

Question now is will the NCAA feel more pressure to allow Vedral to play?  They do want big programs with big followings to win as it makes for more interest so I am leaning towards him getting approved this or next week especially if Martinez is out for an extended duration this season.  

My buddy is a trainer for an NFL team. He said based on the mechanism of how they were testing it he knew it was MCL. Said 2-4 weeks depending on if the tear is on the femur or tibia. If the meniscus was damaged on that side then he’d be out much longer. They also could brace it and bring him back earlier but risk losing the ACL then.

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, SandHills Pete said:

Can a mod please step up and just ban this guy already? I’m sure directly mocking an injured kid violates 1-20 rules on this board.

anyone?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Martinez needs to take all the time he needs and then some to make sure he comes back healthy. I feel like that wasn't done with Taylor Martinez and he was never the same. Take his time. Get right. The guy has a bright future so dont rush this imo. Nebraska will be fine in the meantime.

100% agree.  Unsure who rushed T Mart back (him, staff) or if he was actually healthy and just kept geting/staying dinged up.  He was never the same. Neither was TA.....  A Mart is the foreseeable future at QB.  No one expected NU to make a run for the MNC this year.  Stick with the plan.  Build depth and experience.  Continue to get better.  The game will be here in 2 weeks or 2 months.  I'm pretty confident Frost and Co will be 100% sure AM is ready physically and mentally to go when he goes again. I'm hoping just some mild strain/sprain form the twisting.  A good tape job and some re-hab and he plays against Michigan.  I guess we will all know more (I hope) in the next few days.   

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1