Adrian Martinez Injury

7 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

I'm not a doctor, but hell yea... From a psychological  standpoint, I'd think if he thought/knew it was serious he wouldn't be out smiling with the crowd.  But that's just me.  If he does know something is up, it speaks volumes of the character of that young man.  Although I think some knee injuries you can still walk.  Not going to hurt it anymore....  Hopeing it's nothing!

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, ADS said:

Not having a brace or crutches is a very good sign.  Still think he’ll miss a week or two, but it doesn’t look as bad as it could.

Someone can tell me if I'm wrong, but I thought that I had heard before that when it comes to some of these potential ligament tears, that wearing a brace/crutches isn't really going to do much because you can't really damage it much more. So unless he's in pain walking, there's not much use for them. 

Really just trying to tamper my hopes a bit in lieu of the news ending up worse than it looks. 

14 minutes ago, Lyons in the Sea of Red. said:

Someone can tell me if I'm wrong, but I thought that I had heard before that when it comes to some of these potential ligament tears, that wearing a brace/crutches isn't really going to do much because you can't really damage it much more. So unless he's in pain walking, there's not much use for them. 

Really just trying to tamper my hopes a bit in lieu of the news ending up worse than it looks. 

I'm with you, not necessarily a guarentee of a positive outcome.  However, it's a much better sign than the crutches he was using on Saturday 

• Plus1 1

it is my understanding that him walking on it most likely means he isnt in much pain and is stable walking. if he wasnt stable walking and in pain they would have him on crutches. I dont think it is as bad as we had originally thought. Once I hear from my buddy I will let you know. Havent heard anything yet. Put an extra prayer in for the kid! 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 3

Since Frost has said he's only really discussing season ending injuries, if this isn't season ending, how much do you think Frost will say?  Will he go all Bo and say 'he's fine, a little banged up and we'll take it day to day' and AM has a torn MCL and misses 4-6 weeks?  Giving fans and media nothing but speculation as we keep waiting for when he will be back?  Or do you think Frost will say the true extent of the injury and time frame, if any, that AM will miss?

4 hours ago, lo country said:

100% agree.  Unsure who rushed T Mart back (him, staff) or if he was actually healthy and just kept geting/staying dinged up.  He was never the same. Neither was TA.....  A Mart is the foreseeable future at QB.  No one expected NU to make a run for the MNC this year.  Stick with the plan.  Build depth and experience.  Continue to get better.  The game will be here in 2 weeks or 2 months.  I'm pretty confident Frost and Co will be 100% sure AM is ready physically and mentally to go when he goes again. I'm hoping just some mild strain/sprain form the twisting.  A good tape job and some re-hab and he plays against Michigan.  I guess we will all know more (I hope) in the next few days.   

The same thing happened with Bobby Newcombe. He played several games with an injured knee, and was ineffective. IMO, it is better to have a healthy QB.

What were Rex's and Ameer's injuries? Both guys had knee sprains right, didn't they come back the next game in a limited role? I hope if we see AM against Troy he doesn't get any designed run calls, and he plays less than a half. We need him for late September onward, but he needs the in game reps too. I don't envy Frost right now...