Adrian Martinez Injury

8 minutes ago, ZRod said:

What were Rex's and Ameer's injuries? Both guys had knee sprains right, didn't they come back the next game in a limited role? I hope if we see AM against Troy he doesn't get any designed run calls, and he plays less than a half. We need him for late September onward, but he needs the in game reps too. I don't envy Frost right now...

IIRC Burkhead came back too early and reinjured it, and my impression was the coaching staff should have kept him out of the game regardless of whether he wanted to play.

I don't think playing Martinez in the Troy game is a tough decision at all. You keep him out to be safe.

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, r06ue1 said:

Question now is will the NCAA feel more pressure to allow Vedral to play?  They do want big programs with big followings to win as it makes for more interest so I am leaning towards him getting approved this or next week especially if Martinez is out for an extended duration this season.  

The answer, is no the NCAA will not feel any pressure due to the NU quarterback situation.  

The only item which ever brings the NCAA any pressure is money, specifically in the 50 million + variety.  

4 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

You have to beat out Sean Callahan.

Also people were wondering how much of the playbook has been installed.  For Akron it was 80%

I cannot imagine that percentage was much higher for the Vermin of the West(tm). And frankly, it probably shouldn’t be until we can display some good, focused, mistake-free football on Saturday.