Adrian Martinez Injury

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's all speculation this early in the season, but Troy is returning players from a team that won the Sun Belt conference and beat LSU in Death Valley.  Colorado is coming off a season as the Pac 12 whipping boy. Troy did get a couple votes in the AP preseason poll, two more than Colorado or Nebraska. 

Just saying it never pays to overlook the Sun Belt, or assume your second-string QB should be able to notch this win before the next real test. 

I think you’re right, I wouldn’t take Troy lightly. For now Bunch is our #1 quarterback and I’ve never seen his freshman backup. Not crazy about rushing Martinez back on the field either. I bet they have a crash qb clinic going on there to get them up to speed.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Here's a better video showing what #44 did. It's pretty clear he twisted Martinez' leg on purpose.

That's the best angle I've seen yet and it changes my opinion, it was definitely intentional. If no action is taken by either CU or the pac 12 then thats bad and the big10 should reconsider scheduling games with pac12 schools if they wont protect players.

Even if it wasn't intentional and just a dumb plat like Reeds hit it should still be penalized. There should be consequences for playing the game that way.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

And we literally lost to last year's Pac 12 doormat at home.

If the speculation is that Troy will provide significant relief over Colorado should our second-string QB be called into duty, it might be a recipe for disappointment. 

Just saying it's still early for that kind of confidence. 

Some things from this year that might suggest CU is just a little better than last year.

CU 45 CSU 13

CSU is 1-2 also losing to Hawaii 43-34.  However, they beat SEC Arkansas 34-27

Hawaii is 3-0 also beating Navy 59-41 and Rice 43-29.  Navy beat Memphis 22-21 and Rice lost to Houston 45-27.  Houston beat Arizona 45-18.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, yort2000 said:

Some things from this year that might suggest CU is just a little better than last year.

CU 45 CSU 13

CSU is 1-2 also losing to Hawaii 43-34.  However, they beat SEC Arkansas 34-27

Hawaii is 3-0 also beating Navy 59-41 and Rice 43-29.  Navy beat Memphis 22-21 and Rice lost to Houston 45-27.  Houston beat Arizona 45-18.

CU also played for the P12 title in 2016, losing to Washington.  But calling CU last season's conference "doormat" provides better message board theater.

• Plus1 2

33 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

That's the best angle I've seen yet and it changes my opinion, it was definitely intentional. If no action is taken by either CU or the pac 12 then thats bad and the big10 should reconsider scheduling games with pac12 schools if they wont protect players.

Even if it wasn't intentional and just a dumb plat like Reeds hit it should still be penalized. There should be consequences for playing the game that way.

Guys I think we're reading into this a little too much. I checked over on a Colorado board and they're all convinced that it's clean.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

This doesnt "highlight" dirty play per your request, but I think this article points out that Suh didnt make a sudden change to a dirty player in the NFL
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/25/ndamukong-suh-out-of-control-college-teammate-says/

Again, I am going off total play. Suh played with such a tremendous motor it would be hard for him not to step over the line. 

I dont want to de-rail this subject into about whether or not Suh was dirty at Nebraska. He has proven throughout his NFL career he is a dirty NFL player. Multiple fines have proven that. I tend to think he just never got busted doing that at Nebraska or wasnt as obvious.

Pretty much quotes from an O-lineman who probably got embarrassed by Suh at every practice. Suck it up and play better and Suh won't work you....Slauson. It's not Suh's fault that you didn't live up to expectations.