Adrian Martinez Injury

10 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Thanks Knapp, and you can add me to the list of people that need to be clued in.

Its one of those funny things where people are like "Whoa dude, that is weird" and yet inside they are like "That is good to know he is only wearing a light brace".

At least the dude shared who his source was.... I wonder if that girl also does some aquarium work as well?

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Wow... what?

We had people posting pictures of Tommy Armstrong on his scooter here on HuskerBoard.  Our insider guys were talking about Martinez' prognosis all weekend. 

I don't get what people are reacting to with this tweet.  Would it be different if the guy's daughter had tweeted that?  It's the same info.

Truly baffled by the reaction to this tweet from several responses here.  Anyone want to clue me in on this?

Was it a grainy photo taken behind some bushes or was it taken by the media when Tommy Armstrong was aware it was being taken? I don’t know the answer because I don’t remember it. I think it’s perfectly normal to wonder, but you can wonder and wait for official word. Martinez having word of his injury status come out from a girl in his classroom is weird but the thing I find worse is this is nerdy dad embarrassment level 10. Her name is easy to find. I wonder if she knew he was gonna tweet that. 

5 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Its one of those funny things where people are like "Whoa dude, that is weird" and yet inside they are like "That is good to know he is only wearing a light brace".

At least the dude shared who his source was.... I wonder if that girl also does some aquarium work as well?

We already knew it from his public appearances though. To me it’s less creepy when he’s out voluntarily meeting with the fans like he was Sunday. I just feel like in classroom stuff is kinda private. E.g. I never posted on here that I had a class with Ameer Abdullah and his hindquarters look great in person.

• Haha 2
24 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Wow... what?

We had people posting pictures of Tommy Armstrong on his scooter here on HuskerBoard.  Our insider guys were talking about Martinez' prognosis all weekend. 

I don't get what people are reacting to with this tweet.  Would it be different if the guy's daughter had tweeted that?  It's the same info.

Truly baffled by the reaction to this tweet from several responses here.  Anyone want to clue me in on this?

Agreed.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Was it a grainy photo taken behind some bushes or was it taken by the media when Tommy Armstrong was aware it was being taken? I don’t know the answer because I don’t remember it. I think it’s perfectly normal to wonder, but you can wonder and wait for official word. Martinez having word of his injury status come out from a girl in his classroom is weird but the thing I find worse is this is nerdy dad embarrassment level 10. Her name is easy to find. I wonder if she knew he was gonna tweet that. 

We have guys right here on HuskerBoard who regularly share this kind of information.  Hedley was one of them, off the top of my head I don't recall who else.

Why isn't that nerdy and embarrassing? 

This guy is a reporter out of Sioux Falls. I suppose he could have claimed an anonymous source for this info.  Maybe that wouldn't have gotten under peoples' skin?

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

We already knew it from his public appearances though. To me it’s less creepy when he’s out voluntarily meeting with the fans like he was Sunday. I just feel like in classroom stuff is kinda private. E.g. I never posted on here that I had a class with Ameer Abdullah and his hindquarters look great in person.

Go on........

I am with you. I never posted that I had class with Sean Fisher(econ) dude slept most of the time and later I found out he had a 4.0 that semester... How did he get an A in Econ when he slept... But now I think he is in Med school so he is probably just super smart.