Adrian Martinez Injury

8 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

I just hear AM is out for the year?? Please don’t be true 

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/rapid-reaction-martinez-has-improved-every-day-this-week-but/article_e1829d07-69f9-5d16-8290-b902b292c0e7.html

Martinez has 'improved every day' this week, but no decision until Saturday

You have a better source than Scott Frost?

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Undone said:

There is essentially no chance that's true. Please do tell, who said this.

Frost said two hours ago that he's a game time decision for this Saturday.

Yeah. Frost just spoke to the press a couple hours ago after practice, where Martinez was seen in football gear having participated in the walk-through. 

If this is true it's completely new info in the last couple of hours, and zero of the 200 reporters covering Nebraska are on it.

https://hailvarsity.com/s/4740/watch-frost-on-the-status-of-martinez-a-12th-game-and-more/1

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Not sure why that would give our guys extra oomph when Montez had nothing to do with it.

I think what he's referencing is a tit for tat situation (I don't mean to put words in your mouth @knapplc so feel free to correct me).

For example, 'one of your guys tried to take our quarterback out of the game last year in a cheap and dirty way. We're going to take it out on your QB.'

• Plus1 1
Just now, Enhance said:

I think what he's referencing is a tit for tat situation (I don't mean to put words in your mouth @knapplc so feel free to correct me).

For example, 'one of your guys tried to take our quarterback out of the game last year in a cheap and dirty way. We're going to take it out on your QB.'

Yep. In a completely clean and legal way.

4 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

If I were coach, I run right at 44 repeatedly. Pulling guards, double teams, crack blocks, I'm making sure that he knows full well that he's going to pay for pulling that crap. He's going much rather have had the suspension.

Yes, every play. Light him up. But in a clean and legal way as posted above.

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, Enhance said:

And my argument is that is the wrong mentality when you are talking about affecting someones career.

But as Knapp has made very clear he doesnt want us to intentionally hurt Montez, just hit him harder..... 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

And my argument is that is the wrong mentality when you are talking about affecting someones career.

But as Knapp has made very clear he doesnt want us to intentionally hurt Montez, just hit him harder..... 

I agree with the bolded. This largely seems like a minor disagreement.

Ultimately, I think all of us would be OK with our defense mutilating Montez next year without resorting to cheap tactics like grabbing a leg and twisting it to cause further pain. The defense's job is to punish the opposing QB but yeah... I don't think most people want to see any of our players try to ruin the guy's career. Just his day.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I agree with the bolded. This largely seems like a minor disagreement.

Ultimately, I think all of us would be OK with our defense mutilating Montez next year without resorting to cheap tactics like grabbing a leg and twisting it to cause further pain. The defense's job is to punish the opposing QB but yeah... I don't think most people want to see any of our players try to ruin the guy's career. Just his day.

Correct. I have actually figured out the perfect punishment.

A-Magic needs to go full Adam Sandler from the Longest yard. One perfectly placed football in #44's nuts a few times should teach him the lesson. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1