Adrian Martinez Injury

Here’s my theory. I may have missed some news from practice this week so I might be way off. I’m only basing this on my gut and what I’ve seen. Tell me if I’m crazy.

I think AM may have only slightly twisted his knee. I don’t have any experience with knee injuries but I have twisted and sprained and torn ligaments in my ankles quite a few times. The initial reaction to all of those is pretty much the same. It’s like, oh sh#t, that hurt, it must be bad. But with a minor twist, the pain subsides quickly and it doesn’t swell or linger or really cause much any problem. Is it possible that is what happened to his knee and they held him out in an abundance of over precaution? Or are knees different.....or did I totally miss something?

Ha, as I’m proposing this theory, I see on BTN pregame that AM is now wearing a knee brace and walking more gingerly than I’ve seen all week. So, I’ll answer my own question. I’m crazy. He ain’t playing.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Here’s my theory. I may have missed some news from practice this week so I might be way off. I’m only basing this on my gut and what I’ve seen. Tell me if I’m crazy.

I think AM may have only slightly twisted his knee. I don’t have any experience with knee injuries but I have twisted and sprained and torn ligaments in my ankles quite a few times. The initial reaction to all of those is pretty much the same. It’s like, oh sh#t, that hurt, it must be bad. But with a minor twist, the pain subsides quickly and it doesn’t swell or linger or really cause much any problem. Is it possible that is what happened to his knee and they held him out in an abundance of over precaution? Or are knees different.....or did I totally miss something?

Ha, as I’m proposing this theory, I see on BTN pregame that AM is now wearing a knee brace and walking more gingerly than I’ve seen all week. So, I’ll answer my own question. I’m crazy. He ain’t playing.

You're way off base. He didnt twist his knee, someone else did :)

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I hope it’s because he’s not used to wearing a brace vs. sleeve and not because he injured it worse.

1 minute ago, admo said:

We'll be Aiight if he doesn't play.  But I would prefer to see him play if that makes sense

Yeah, I’m not really concerned about “needing” him to play but I was being hopeful that he was perfectly fine and “able” to play. It would be nice if that was the case and, with no risk of further injury, he could get some more live game reps. But if there is even a 1% chance it could harm his recovery, then yeah, hold him out.

• Plus1 1
Just now, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, I’m not really concerned about “needing” him to play but I was being hopeful that he was perfectly fine and “able” to play. It would be nice if that was the case and, with no risk of further injury, he could get some more live game reps. But if there is even a 1% chance it could harm his recovery, then yeah, hold him out.

Same here JJ.  I also would rather we win a close one with him healing for Michigan.  On the other hand, he could use the reps and is an exciting player to watch.  With that said, I know nothing and don't know what to expect  :lol:

Let me propose a question cause I don’t know the right answer and I am curious what others think. 

What if Bunch is really struggling and we are down quite a bit early? Does Frost try his darnest to get the W by putting in a less than 100% AM to get a win? He has to know we need this win today to keep on track to be bowl eligible (at the least).