Adrian Martinez Injury

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, I’m not really concerned about “needing” him to play but I was being hopeful that he was perfectly fine and “able” to play. It would be nice if that was the case and, with no risk of further injury, he could get some more live game reps. But if there is even a 1% chance it could harm his recovery, then yeah, hold him out.

Okay, now I’m concerned about needing to play him. Bunch is no bueno. Wonder what Masker can do.

On 9/15/2018 at 9:23 AM, Bad2theBONES said:

Let me propose a question cause I don’t know the right answer and I am curious what others think. 

What if Bunch is really struggling and we are down quite a bit early? Does Frost try his darnest to get the W by putting in a less than 100% AM to get a win? He has to know we need this win today to keep on track to be bowl eligible (at the least). 

Good question,  I'm thinking if Martinez practices ALL WEEK and looks good, doesn't bs the coaches about how the knee feels, frost will start him.  I don't think frost will play him at all if he's not full go. Yes, we need wins,  but this kid is gonna be here four years,  got to be careful with him.

Anyone get the feeling Frost was being cagey with AM's status?  Bunch almost slipped out that the coaches had told him earlier in the week he would be the starter.  I think sending AM out for pre-game warmup was a ruse and there was no chance he was playing.  I don't expect a real clear indication this week if AM is good to go for Michigan.  Might as well use an injured player's status to your advantage I guess.

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, Sker fer life said:

Good question,  I'm thinking if Martinez practices ALL WEEK and looks good, doesn't bs the coaches about how the knee feels, frost will start him.  I don't think frost will play him at all if he's not full go. Yes, we need wins,  but this kid is gonna be here four years,  got to be careful with him.

Agree^ Frost has commented time and again you have to be tough to play QB at NU.  Not stupid.....I think Frost will do what is in the best interest of the player and not look for a quick fix that turns into a longterm issue.  I agree Martinez is the future.  If he gets hurt worse, that sets the process back that much more.  

I just think he wouldn't see the field unless he is 100%.  However, if it truly is an issue that playing will not make worse or create more damage (more painful that hurt), Martinez might play.  Unsure how close AM and TG really were, but it would appear the gap between the two of them and AB was rather large.  Hoping if AB does start, the staff really develops an effective sheme around him that he can execute.  Not the vanilla we saw Sat....

1 hour ago, lo country said:

Agree^ Frost has commented time and again you have to be tough to play QB at NU.  Not stupid.....I think Frost will do what is in the best interest of the player and not look for a quick fix that turns into a longterm issue.  I agree Martinez is the future.  If he gets hurt worse, that sets the process back that much more.  

I just think he wouldn't see the field unless he is 100%.  However, if it truly is an issue that playing will not make worse or create more damage (more painful that hurt), Martinez might play.  Unsure how close AM and TG really were, but it would appear the gap between the two of them and AB was rather large.  Hoping if AB does start, the staff really develops an effective sheme around him that he can execute.  Not the vanilla we saw Sat....

I was thinking about this earlier like wouldn't it be better to hold AM out until he's 100% and maybe if it lingers enough he ends up getting a redshirt? Like that means this season is pretty much a wash but if it means getting another year out of him...? 

15 hours ago, The Cornfather said:

I was thinking about this earlier like wouldn't it be better to hold AM out until he's 100% and maybe if it lingers enough he ends up getting a redshirt? Like that means this season is pretty much a wash but if it means getting another year out of him...? 

no, recruiting new/talented QB's in the future has got to be the goal.....play the best you have, every game, don't hold back.