Adrian Martinez Injury

10 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

I’m extremely frustrated by the way Coach Frost is handling this situation. I don’t know why but he is contradicting himself. He say AM looked great during warm ups and could of played and now he saying they are not sure they want to play him even thou he is 100%. This is the most frustrating QB situation I’ve ever seen.  

Frost never said he could have played - just that he looked good during warmups. And he said they'd make the best decision for both AM and the team with the long-term outlook in mind. Nothing contradicting or frustrating about what Frost is saying.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2
45 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

I’m extremely frustrated by the way Coach Frost is handling this situation. I don’t know why but he is contradicting himself. He say AM looked great during warm ups and could of played and now he saying they are not sure they want to play him even thou he is 100%. This is the most frustrating QB situation I’ve ever seen.  

Really????

worst you’ve ever seen and it’s all Frost’s fault. 

Hmmmm.....

1 hour ago, talaricohusker said:

Offhand, I can think of a couple QB situations that were significantly more frustrating. That’s just at Nebraska.

Maybe we shouldn’t have stepped back on Terry Wilson? Outside of that, I don’t know what anyone can really say Frost did wrong.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Frost never said he could have played - just that he looked good during warmups. And he said they'd make the best decision for both AM and the team with the long-term outlook in mind. Nothing contradicting or frustrating about what Frost is saying.

And why would anyone believe what Frost says about injuries and their impact on whether a player might play or not? I’ve gotten the impression that HCSF is going to be pretty secretive with any related public statements. If he says a player looked good in warmups or he’s probable or he’s improbable or whatever he says, I would not count on that being the case at all. He stated once early on that he wouldn’t be commenting on injuries during the season unless that player was out for the year. So, when he does comment, I assume it is either disinformation or the truth.....pretty useless info.

I think he'd be willing to go 0-fer in the non-conference if he can win conference games.

7 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

I never said it was all Frost fault I just said I don’t like what I’m seeing with how the QBs are being handled. And I’m not saying he a bad QB coach at all. It’s just I’ve never see it handled this way 

It seems like every week to week QB injury is handled this way by every school. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

I never said it was all Frost fault I just said I don’t like what I’m seeing with how the QBs are being handled. And I’m not saying he a bad QB coach at all. It’s just I’ve never see it handled this way 

Frost was handed a really thin QB room and when Gebbia left it was even worse . Sometimes it is lazy to pick on the last staff but sometimes it is the truth. Riley did a really bad job recruiting QBs. It is really hard to question Frost at this point as it relates to the QBs. 

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

We are 2 games into his tenure, the starter got injured, the backup transfered, the 3rd string became backup and his transfer isn't eligible.

What exactly would you like him to do?  24/7 online stream of A Mart to ease your conscious?

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2
7 minutes ago, Redux said:

We are 2 games into his tenure, the starter got injured, the backup transfered, the 3rd string became backup and his transfer isn't eligible.

What exactly would you like him to do?  24/7 online stream of A Mart to ease your conscious?

agree, much has happened with players and that is a huge part of the problem.

1 hour ago, jaws said:

Frost was handed a really thin QB room and when Gebbia left it was even worse . Sometimes it is lazy to pick on the last staff but sometimes it is the truth. Riley did a really bad job recruiting QBs. It is really hard to question Frost at this point as it relates to the QBs. 

I don't agree.  I think Riley improved QB recruiting.  He was just recruiting to a system that ended up really sucking so when a coaching change happened, those QBs looked elsewhere to play.  That caused our QB room to go from full to extremely thin.....especially with the injury to 2AM.

• Plus1 1