Adrian Martinez Injury

2 minutes ago, LaunchCode said:

I find it very amusing you call Gebbia's leaving a major blow to the program yet at same time say MR did terrible job in getting Gebbia to come to N.  Well done.

Not sure if I’ve ever seen someone put so many words into someone else’s mouth. Unless I missed it, he didn’t say anything close to what you’re claiming. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, LaunchCode said:

If we were so depleted at QB then why didn't SF get several in the 2018 class?  Shouldn't it have been a top priority if so thin?  Wouldn't most QB prospects want to go to a program that's so thin on depth?

I find it very amusing you call Gebbia's leaving a major blow to the program yet at same time say MR did terrible job in getting Gebbia to come to N.  Well done.

I get what you are saying but it is really hard to snag to really good QB's in the same class...Frost COULD have snagged AM and then sort of a "athlete" type guy but with Gebbia leaving when he did it still made it really hard to get another QB ready if that potential QB had not been practicing the QB spot because he was a WR/DB or something.

58 minutes ago, jaws said:

Remember, I responded to someone talking about Frost's handling of the QBs. I get that you don't want to look at the past but the past is what is screwing over Frost right now. All three of the guys you listed, plus not recruiting a QB one year and the QBs in the 2014 class, didn't pan out at Nebraska. I have to believe that Frost would adapt his offense if one of them were here and thrown into the starting spot. He is too good of a coach to not adjust his system to his personnel. 

But who plans for 3 QBs leaving your team? Frost surely would have made do with his best weapon had any of those 3 stayed and Martinez been injured. Riley did have the QB cupboard stocked. It was just a different style of QB than what Frost needs. We pretty much knew Lee would leave, not a big loss really, and we recruited for that. Gebbia leaving really hurt though. Mostly because it was late in the preseason, but in part because I think everyone believe he would see meaningful playing time this year as well.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I get what you are saying but it is really hard to snag to really good QB's in the same class...Frost COULD have snagged AM and then sort of a "athlete" type guy but with Gebbia leaving when he did it still made it really hard to get another QB ready if that potential QB had not been practicing the QB spot because he was a WR/DB or something.

My apology, I was responding to the "claim" the QB position was razor thin when SF took over.  I don't agree with that claim and was trying to point out to the person who made that claim, SF must not have believed it was that dire thin either, or else he would have gone out and signed a couple more. 

• Plus1 2

This is insane.  There are posters that want AM to play on a bad knee?  Do you know what players do when they have a bum wheel?  They overcompensate to the good side.  This often leads to injury to the healthy leg.  Not to mention the pain from aggravating the original injury after playing a full game.  Come on people.  Surgery isn't guaranteed to make the leg stronger.  Didn't we just have a player retire this offseason due to repeated injury issues?  But by all means let's jeopardize the kid's future health so we can beat Michigan. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, irafreak said:

This is insane.  There are posters that want AM to play on a bad knee?  Do you know what players do when they have a bum wheel?  They overcompensate to the good side.  This often leads to injury to the healthy leg.  Not to mention the pain from aggravating the original injury after playing a full game.  Come on people.  Surgery isn't guaranteed to make the leg stronger.  Didn't we just have a player retire this offseason due to repeated injury issues?  But by all means let's jeopardize the kid's future health so we can beat Michigan. 

I'm guessing this is partly aimed at me.

And...to this, I say "no".  I don't want him playing on a "bad knee".  From my experience from watching one hell of a lot of sports and having kids in sports, there is an extremely wide range of knee injuries.  

If there is inflammation, pain, swelling...etc.....no, I don't want him playing.

However, I've seen players play with slight tears in a tendon after inflation and swelling has gone down.

And, I trust the staff and trainers to make the judgement call on this.

4 minutes ago, LaunchCode said:

My apology, I was responding to the "claim" the QB position was razor thin when SF took over.  I don't agree with that claim and was trying to point out to the person who made that claim, SF must not have believed it was that dire thin either, or else he would have gone out and signed a couple more. 

He

Did

Recruit

Another

One....

In fact, he won the job then got injured.  Then his backup immediately transferred.  That guys backup transfered well before that.  The old starter entered the draft.  Damn Frost should have seen it unfolding like that, what a hack

• Thanks 3
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not a doctor and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

But, let's say it's a slight tear.  What is the harm in playing him?  One of two things is going to happen.  It's going to tear the rest of the way...or...he plays through it.

If it tears the rest of the way, he is out for the year and gets surgery now instead of after the season.  If it doesn't tear, he would probably have surgery after the season.

Neither case would affect him long term after recovery from surgery.

I'm failing to see the harm in playing him if this is the case.

I mean, its only a 19 year old and his health and future.

2 minutes ago, Redux said:

He

Did

Recruit

Another

One....

In fact, he won the job then got injured.  Then his backup immediately transferred.  That guys backup transfered well before that.  The old starter entered the draft.  Damn Frost should have seen it unfolding like that, what a hack

He is far from a hack, but he should have protected his backup situation far better than he did

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1