Adrian Martinez Injury

As far as odds against Michigan go, let's keep in mind that Martinez was supposed to have three games under his belt at this point, but instead has less than one full game of experience right now. Even if he's physically healthy on Saturday, there's no replacement for experience.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Michigan will prepare for Martinez, who does everything Bunch does a little better.  Should Bunch end up starting, it doesn't throw Michigan off at all. 

If Martinez starts and struggles -- which could happen even if he's healthy -- it's the Huskers who take the psychological hit. If Bunch starts and struggles, we understand because he's the third-string walk-on.

If Martinez starts and thrives, I'll buy everyone pancakes. 

But I think Frost's answer was both honest and diplomatic. It's a tough call but it sounds like he'd prefer to protect Martinez another week.  

I think he starts and plays the whole game. I like Aunt Jemima syrup with my cakes please.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Michigan will prepare for Martinez, who does everything Bunch does a little better.  Should Bunch end up starting, it doesn't throw Michigan off at all. 

If Martinez starts and struggles -- which could happen even if he's healthy -- it's the Huskers who take the psychological hit. If Bunch starts and struggles, we understand because he's the third-string walk-on.

If Martinez starts and thrives, I'll buy everyone pancakes

But I think Frost's answer was both honest and diplomatic. It's a tough call but it sounds like he'd prefer to protect Martinez another week.  

I'd rather have waffles, thanks.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, broganreynik said:

Having Martinez practice all week but starting Bunch because AM isn’t ready seems counterintuitive to me. It not only opens the possibility to further injury, but it inhibits Bunch’s growth with the offense.

Unless 2AM is ready to play :dunno I mean there is always the possibility of injury for any player on the field. If 2AM is ready to go that would inherently mean he is no more prone to injury than anyone else. And, if we don't play him in that situation, it would be like telling all the other players and fans and opponent that we don't really want to win this game.

3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Unless 2AM is ready to play :dunno I mean there is always the possibility of injury for any player on the field. If 2AM is ready to go that would inherently mean he is no more prone to injury than anyone else. And, if we don't play him in that situation, it would be like telling all the other players and fans and opponent that we don't really want to win this game.

Right. That’s why I think AM plays.