Adrian Martinez Injury

10 hours ago, Mavric said:

I don't think that's the only way.  I think he's playing Michigan's game.  They don't release a depth chart of anything like that so he's not going to either.

Martinez didn't even practice last week but Frost was saying the same things all week.  He's practiced this whole week.  Unless there is a setback, I'd be shocked if he isn't out there.

I’m beginning to be struck by how your reads are the diametric opposite of mine. Not only do I doubt that he is ready to start, I doubt if he would be called for in emergency action. While Frost is certainly not tipping his hand, I think he knows that (barring some funny bounces) NU loses this game despite A.M. playing. A loss is still a loss, so why not give him another week & save him for a possible victory the following week (when he COULD be the difference)?

55 minutes ago, Michiganball said:

On one hand Martinez would help a lot, though he might worsen he's injury, on the other hand get him to110% for an easier game and likely win vs Purdue. It might come down to how much pressure Frost is feeling. I'm tilting towards Martinez starting, especially with him being "day to day".

Even if he plays the whole game, do you think he'd have the green light for any designed run?  As thin as we are at QB, we might have to rethink the dual threat thing this season.

We sound like a bunch of mother hens trying to protect a fragile egg.  If AM is ready to play he will start.  He may get injured on the first play or he may go through the next 4 year's without incident.... Coaches can't dwell on that.  They play the best they have and hope for the best.

2 hours ago, Hilltop said:

We sound like a bunch of mother hens trying to protect a fragile egg.  If AM is ready to play he will start.  He may get injured on the first play or he may go through the next 4 year's without incident.... Coaches can't dwell on that.  They play the best they have and hope for the best.

Eggsactly.