Adrian Martinez Injury

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

I guess people are forgetting Colorado won 10 games 2 years ago.

We don’t know how good they are but we do have reason to believe they might be good.

This is my opinion. I am in a conundrum. If COlorado has a really good season, then it indicates we are a good team, but I have a big problem hoping Colorado has a good season. :)

• Plus1 4
16 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Yeah. And...?

What is "the full Nebraska twitter treatment?"

Nobody here is saying terrible things about the player. If you're seeing terrible things being said to the guy on twitter, probably a really good place to take that up is twitter.

And Suh is widely criticized for his behavior on the field... doing things very similar to the play in question? We are allowed to look past that with Suh, and still love him for all the great things he does on and off the field.

People have been tweeting abusive things at him every few minutes for the last 24hrs. I brought it up on twitter and I’m bringing it up here since it’s a public forum and I just wanted to remind people that we are much better than that. You’re right, I’m glad our board is above that.

Just now, Caliborn72 said:

And Suh is widely criticized for his behavior on the field... doing things very similar to the play in question? We are allowed to look past that with Suh, and still love him for all the great things he does on and off the field.

People have been tweeting abusive things at him every few minutes for the last 24hrs. I brought it up on twitter and I’m bringing it up here since it’s a public forum and I just wanted to remind people that we are much better than that. You’re right, I’m glad our board is above that.

Maybe my memory is bad, but I don't remember Suh doing anything shady at NU. I thought he had some questionable actions after he went pro.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
48 minutes ago, knapplc said:

RE: the bold:  My guess is it's a better angle, more to the right, from the sidelines.  It sure looks like #44 grabs & twists the leg when Martinez is on the ground.

As for punishment, I'm not sure. I can't remember ever hearing about a player suspended or penalized for a dirty play in the previous game. 

They didnt even suspend that Texas AM guy when he twisted one of the cotton boy's "sack-el" region. 

1 minute ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Maybe my memory is bad, but I don't remember Suh doing anything shady at NU. I thought he had some questionable actions after he went pro.

What does that matter, though? We still love him as a former player and great pro. He’s seen the very worst of people through social media as well is my point.

4 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

I think the only questionable thing about Suh while he was at NU was his driving abilities

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, GSG said:

I think the only questionable thing about Suh while he was at NU was his driving abilities

You mean when he heroically swerved to avoid that dog, saving the lil' puppers' life?

What are you implying, GSG?

11 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

I'm still curious what any of this has to do with this Colorado player, this play, or this thread. 

• Plus1 4
Just now, knapplc said:

You mean when he heroically swerved to avoid that dog, saving the lil' puppers' life?

What are you implying, GSG?

That the streets of Lincoln are too narrow and there are far too many cars parked on the sides of said narrow streets :D 

• Plus1 1

It's all speculation this early in the season, but Troy is returning players from a team that won the Sun Belt conference and beat LSU in Death Valley.  Colorado is coming off a season as the Pac 12 whipping boy. Troy did get a couple votes in the AP preseason poll, two more than Colorado or Nebraska. 

Just saying it never pays to overlook the Sun Belt, or assume your second-string QB should be able to notch this win before the next real test. 

Just now, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's all speculation this early in the season, but Troy is returning players from a team that won the Sun Belt conference and beat LSU in Death Valley.  Colorado is coming off a season as the Pac 12 whipping boy. Troy did get a couple votes in the AP preseason poll, two more than Colorado or Nebraska. 

Just saying it never pays to overlook the Sun Belt, or assume your second-string QB should be able to notch this win before the next real test. 

Nebraska won the Sun Belt in 2009, IIRC.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Guy Chamberlin said:

It is not all speculation this early in the season.  They literally lost to Boise by 36.

• Plus1 2