Adrian Martinez Injury

49 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

They didnt even suspend that Texas AM guy when he twisted one of the cotton boy's "sack-el" region. 

That's a wholly different situation, as that, plus the s***tacular officiating from that same crew at three games that season (IIRC a 33-9 disparity in penalties called against us) were our going away presents from the Big XII. 

Yet another reason I'm thankful we're out of that piece of s*** conference.

• Plus1 1

31 minutes ago, Mavric said:

It is not all speculation this early in the season.  They literally lost to Boise by 36.

And we literally lost to last year's Pac 12 doormat at home.

If the speculation is that Troy will provide significant relief over Colorado should our second-string QB be called into duty, it might be a recipe for disappointment. 

Just saying it's still early for that kind of confidence. 

• Plus1 1

I feel like this is sort of Bill Belichick "good news" because SF has said he is going to play injuries close to the vest (to protect the players).

giphy.gif

"Day to Day" tells you nothing. It could be "Day to Day" for a month or more. If he is being up front about no ligament tear that is indeed good news, but putting him back in there too soon is to risk exacerbating the injury, which would clearly be counterproductive for the team.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Yeah. And...?

What is "the full Nebraska twitter treatment?"

Nobody here is saying terrible things about the player. If you're seeing terrible things being said to the guy on twitter, probably a really good place to take that up is twitter.

HEY YOU GUYS LEAVE THAT GUY ALONE ON TWITTER!

Hey, this is Huskerboard.

OH.

36 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If the speculation is that Troy will provide significant relief over Colorado should our second-string QB be called into duty, it might be a recipe for disappointment. 

So were we. Do you think we will be again this year?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
48 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If that's their doormat this year, it's one tremendous conference.

• Plus1 1

When a player goes from your college team to your NFL team's division rival, it's rather striking how quickly your opinion on a player changes. I never looked at Suh in the same light again after the Evan Dietrich-Smith incident. But it also forces you to try and be more objective about things like this.

I guess in this case, I'll let the conferences handle it.