Adrian Martinez Injury

Had moderate MCL tear back in 05 . . required scoping and down time was 2 weeks with additional 5 weeks PT/recovery.    All depends on extent (length & depth) of the tear.   Am assuming the MRI is tomorrow and surgery (if needed) could be Monday.    Hopefully it's just a strain/pull (edema buildup)  Still, could be 3-5 weeks.

1 hour ago, Fru said:

Is it just me, or does it look like #44 from CU unnecessarily rolls up into the back of AM's leg towards the end of the play?  Not in any way saying he was intentionally trying to hurt him, but it looks like he could have let his leg go once it was clear the tackle had been secured.  As a defender, maintaining the health of the player you're tackling isn't of any concern, you simply want to get them on the ground, but it just looks like there was a little "extra" on this play.

• Plus1 5

My father is/was a physician. (He's retired, not dead.) I am not an expert on being a doctor, but here are four things I learned from him.

1) Don't fake sick to get out of school when Dad's a doctor.

2) If it hurts when your arm, leg, shoulder etc. moves a certain way, then stop moving it that way.

3) If you're prescribed medicine, take the correct dosage for as long as it says to take them.

4) Never assume anything with sports injuries on tv.

Adrian Martinez could be injured badly and out for the season.Or maybe he's out three weeks. Or maybe he'll play next week. We don't know and won't tonight.

2 hours ago, zero_blitz said:

Is it just me, or does it look like #44 from CU unnecessarily rolls up into the back of AM's leg towards the end of the play?  Not in any way saying he was intentionally trying to hurt him, but it looks like he could have let his leg go once it was clear the tackle had been secured.  As a defender, maintaining the health of the player you're tackling isn't of any concern, you simply want to get them on the ground, but it just looks like there was a little "extra" on this play.

Yeah actually that looked kinda dirty

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I don't know anything about knee injuries in general or AM's injury specifically but I'm pretty sure all the conjecture in this thread has given me cancer.

cancer.png

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 4