HuskerNation1

Adrian Martinez Injury

Looks like it was bent under.  Strained/sprained at best.  Be hard to be 100% going forward.  Walked assisted of the field.  Seemed tentative on it....I wouldn't be surprised if he's out all year.

For the QB recruits thinking Martinez might be a 4 year starter, you are aways one play away from being next man up......

8 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Gebbia. Oh Gebbia. You could’ve been somebody.  

gebbia has chosen a different path.   no looking back.   we play with who is here.

• Plus1 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, commando said:

gebbia has chosen a different path.   no looking back.   we play with who is here.

Yup. It is what it is. And we’ll be fine. 

10 minutes ago, macroboy said:

Matt Turman

Honestly never heard that name before. Could be the water boy for all I know. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Seriously what is depth after Bunch. 

Just Matt Masker. We are going to need to get creative.

Martinez's and leg/ankles do not go well with Nebraska. Martinez is going to be really really good, obviously hope this isn't anything serious, but at the same time I really don't want this to be a lingering season long injury where he doesn't get to 100% and plays the rest of the year at 85%. Much like TMart and his ankle, we saw so much promise in that K-State game, and ever since he had that ankle sprain he was never 100% and his game suffered.

9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Honestly never heard that name before. Could be the water boy for all I know. 

He started the k-state game in 94' because Frazier had blood clots, and Berringer had lung issues.(if I'm remembering this correctly).

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Hard to tell from what they showed on tv but that colorado defender looked like he kept twisting after the play. No one got upset though so maybe not. 

The play should have been called dead, he was down and the refs didn't blow the whistle, then 3 fluffs come pushing him backwards over the knee and then a 4th comes over and finally the refs actually blow the whistle.  I think that kid knew what he was doing but I also think he kinds kept going with the tackle and twisted the knee, the others though, that was borderline dirty and I stated so in the thread during the game.

• Plus1 1

34 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

He's going to be out for the year in my opinion.  Saw how his knee bended in that pile.

• Plus1 3
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, commando said:

Yup. Forget that dude, those are the people you weed out

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Chadhusker said:

Hope it's not serious. I heard he tore his acl . 

He wouldn’t be walking around without crutches. Hanging with fans if he tore his acl 

• Plus1 1

29 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Hippies in a WW2 movie never made sense to me but yea we need positive thoughts.

Still a good movie even with the hippies.

3 minutes ago, soup said:

He wouldn’t be walking around without crutches. Hanging with fans if he tore his acl 

Nah. I had teammates who tore ACLs and we’re just walking with a limp and didn’t find out the tear until a MRI.  

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Nah. I had teammates who tore ACLs and we’re just walking with a limp and didn’t find out the tear until a MRI.  

This.  I've had multiple torn ligaments in my knees.  My first ACL it didn't even hurt until I tried to plant on it.

3 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

This.  I've had multiple torn ligaments in my knees.  My first ACL it didn't even hurt until I tried to plant on it.

Yep. Walking or not is not an indicator of any tears.  I am prepared to hear he is lost for the year.

2 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

That might be true but do you think the only decent qb that Nebraska has would even be put in a situation where he could ruin his knee?  I’m assuming that the training staff is treating this with the utmost caution. And you don’t let the starting qb do what he is doing if there is even a thought that he has ligament damage

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

Yep. Walking or not is not an indicator of any tears.  I am prepared to hear he is lost for the year.

I am in agreement with you....it looked pretty bad on the replay. 

3 minutes ago, soup said:

That might be true but do you think the only decent qb that Nebraska has would even be put in a situation where he could ruin his knee?  I’m assuming that the training staff is treating this with the utmost caution. And you don’t let the starting qb do what he is doing if there is even a thought that he has ligament damage

If the acl is a complete tear no amount of walking around can make it worse.  If it is a strain, same thing.  Plus every knee is different.  Nobody will know anything for sure without an MRI.  You can't diagnose this by seeing how he is walking, standing, and not using crutches.  Knees just don't work that way.

3 minutes ago, Judoka said:

Yay, we're one-dimensional again.  Why can't we have nice things?

Solich.  Find the Bobcat's bye week and get him back.  Uber the dude if we have too.  Just get him back and cure the curse.....

• Plus1 1

Ok let’s try this another way. 

Here Rd are the two things we know:

1. Frost was semi encouraged about the injury

2. AM was seen after the game chatting with fans, taking pictures and interacting with them

3.  He has ice on his knee 

what conclusions can we draw from these three facts?

he definitely tore his ACL and the training staff is not telling him and the head coach

he might have torn his acl but the head coach is encouraged by the fact he has lost his only starting qb for the year

or he strained his knee and will be out a week or two at most

ehat would you say?

• Upvote 1

i am not a doctor so me saying it looked bad doesn't mean much...but it looked bad to me.    am hoping that i am wrong.

Still petitioning the NCAA for the Vedral transfer.

IF wanting to play closer to home (and it appears to be for some previous petitioners).......that would be totally legit to grant it to Vedral.

The trouble is with the NCAA (who seems to operate on their own timeline)............And seemingly have no solid criteria for who/what is granted and who is denied.

(apologize if this was posted by someone earlier in the thread, but if so, I missed it)

Semi-encouraged coach=it isn't an obvious tear from initial examination, but they are waiting until they get the MRI results to say anything

Ice on his knees=they are keeping the swelling down so they can MRI Monday

Chatting with fans and taking pictures=he is not in pain and it means nothing for diagnosis

I'm not saying he tore anything, I'm obviously hoping he didn't.  All I'm saying is I have a lot of experience with knee injuries, and you cannot assume anything from any of the information we have at this moment.

5 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Frost says it is semi encouraging news. Come here and hear ACL tear done for the year.

I'm confused.

Rumors.  And Rumors of rumors.  Frost was semi encouraged per presser.  All else is guesswork.  I am sure (hope) we will know more in the future.  I know Frost said he will only release injury info if it is season ending.  

• Plus1 2

Should the injury last most if not all of the season, what are the rules for a redshirt. Should that happen it could make next years QB battle interesting again. :)

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Should the injury last most if not all of the season, what are the rules for a redshirt. Should that happen it could make next years QB battle interesting again. :)

You can play 4 games and still have the redshirt. So, he would be a redshirt freshman if he is out for the rest of the year.

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

All players can play in 4 games now due to the rule change, so if he only plays in 3 more he could redshirt still.

• Plus1 1

Thanks guys. Maybe it will work out so Bunch can help us win the West and AM will be ready for the BIG championship game and our bowl game and he can still redshirt. Trying to think positive after today

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Thanks guys. Maybe it will work out so Bunch can help us win the West and AM will be ready for the BIG championship game and our bowl game and he can still redshirt. Trying to think positive after today

I think this is the key to this entire season, with or without AM.

Nobody said this would be easy, including Frost. Maybe it won't work, maybe we have to try it all over again.

But just like with Solich and Callahan and Pelini and Riley I will hope and pray and give them time before I start acting as if the sky is falling.

Heard from a friend, who has been reliable, that it will not be a good diagnosis.