Adrian Martinez Injury

8 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Maybe my memory is bad, but I don't remember Suh doing anything shady at NU. I thought he had some questionable actions after he went pro.

Suh played hard and I think its safe to say he played over the line a few times. It wasnt neraly as obvious as when he got to the NFL.

I love how hard Suh played but lets not sugar coat that he was a dirty player at times.  So is #44 for Colorado. 

It is sadly apart of football. NFL/NCAA has put so much focus on head/neck but guys 100% target ankles and knees. It sucks but it is part of the game. 

I think that stuff is sometimes self governed by players. If I am #44, I would expect to be given plenty of "love" from the O-lineman next year.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'm still curious what any of this has to do with this Colorado player, this play, or this thread. 

I think he is just basically trying to say every team has dirty players or guys who do stupid things in the moment and to lay off. 

I agree that I havent seen anything bad posted here about #44 but maybe Twitter is being more negative.

His point about Suh does seem a fair comparison. If you think for one second that Suh wouldnt do what #44 did in the pile, then you are wearing some deep shade of Red glasses.

Suh played HARD and yes it sometimes crossed the line into dirty. That became more prevalent in the NFL but it was a part of his game here. 

It is an old school mentality that a lot of guys dont have and that is what made Suh so special. He played with reckless abandon. 

It doesnt make it right. But we tend to defend him because he is one of ours. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Suh played hard and I think its safe to say he played over the line a few times. It wasnt neraly as obvious as when he got to the NFL.

I love how hard Suh played but lets not sugar coat that he was a dirty player at times.  So is #44 for Colorado. 

It is sadly apart of football. NFL/NCAA has put so much focus on head/neck but guys 100% target ankles and knees. It sucks but it is part of the game. 

I think that stuff is sometimes self governed by players. If I am #44, I would expect to be given plenty of "love" from the O-lineman next year.

I don’t remember a single time Suh ever played dirty at Nebraska. So don’t say he was like this guy unless you actually have examples. I don’t think they exist so it will probably be difficult.

One thing I loved about Suh is after a bad ass play he didn’t usually go nuts and jump around showing off he just acted like that’s what’s supposed to happen while his teammates cheered him on.

I’m probably in the minority but the crap he pulls in the NFL has annoyed me. But it’s not relevant to this topic.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I think he is just basically trying to say every team has dirty players or guys who do stupid things in the moment and to lay off. 

I agree that I havent seen anything bad posted here about #44 but maybe Twitter is being more negative.

His point about Suh does seem a fair comparison. If you think for one second that Suh wouldnt do what #44 did in the pile, then you are wearing some deep shade of Red glasses.

Suh played HARD and yes it sometimes crossed the line into dirty. That became more prevalent in the NFL but it was a part of his game here. 

It is an old school mentality that a lot of guys dont have and that is what made Suh so special. He played with reckless abandon. 

It doesnt make it right. But we tend to defend him because he is one of ours. 

Find 1 example of the bolded that is anything like twisting a player’s leg after he’s stopped.

I literally remember nothing like that happening with Suh. And no, it doesn’t require rose colored glasses. I didn’t like Eric Martin for some of the things he did including standing over the NW QB after he was injured. Same goes for a couple things Larry Asante did. I remember this stuff because it annoys me, and I remember nothing like that done by Suh during his time here.

• Plus1 2

I don't know why people are bringing up Suh in this thread, but if you were going to claim that he was a dirty player while at NU, you'll need to cite some examples. Yeah, we are baised toward our own, but NU fans typically don't condone dirty play from anyone, and Suh was beloved for his play and his character while he was in school. The reputation he earned himself in the NFL has been a departure from the kid that we knew during his college days.

In any event, dirty play is dirty, and we shouldn't accept it anywhere. Not from our own players, and especially not from some malicious ass in a Colorado uniform who attempts to hurt one of our kids.

• Fire 2

I’m not trying to derail the thread, I’m sorry. Very exciting news about Martinez and I have a feeling he will be back much sooner than anyone expects. He’s a fighter.

I wasn’t trying to say we should all criticize Suh for his play on the field. Just that we are able to realize that there’s a person behind the player and that we know he’s a better man than any 8 second clip that a hater could post of him. I went from being very upset with the Colorado player, to feeling bad for him because of some of our fans on social media. That’s all.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don’t remember a single time Suh ever played dirty at Nebraska. So don’t say he was like this guy unless you actually have examples. I don’t think they exist so it will probably be difficult.

One thing I loved about Suh is after a bad ass play he didn’t usually go nuts and jump around showing off he just acted like that’s what’s supposed to happen while his teammates cheered him on.

I’m probably in the minority but the crap he pulls in the NFL has annoyed me. But it’s not relevant to this topic.

This doesnt "highlight" dirty play per your request, but I think this article points out that Suh didnt make a sudden change to a dirty player in the NFL
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/25/ndamukong-suh-out-of-control-college-teammate-says/

Again, I am going off total play. Suh played with such a tremendous motor it would be hard for him not to step over the line. 

I dont want to de-rail this subject into about whether or not Suh was dirty at Nebraska. He has proven throughout his NFL career he is a dirty NFL player. Multiple fines have proven that. I tend to think he just never got busted doing that at Nebraska or wasnt as obvious.

• Fire 1
Just now, Caliborn72 said:

I’m not trying to derail the thread, I’m sorry. Very exciting news about Martinez and I have a feeling he will be back much sooner than anyone expects. He’s a fighter.

I wasn’t trying to say we should all criticize Suh for his play on the field. Just that we are able to realize that there’s a person behind the player and that we know he’s a better man than any 8 second clip that a hater could post of him. I went from being very upset with the Colorado player, to feeling bad for him because of some of our fans on social media. That’s all.

I can’t stand how Suh acts in the NFL sometimes, so I can’t say I agree with you. We don’t know that he’s a good person. After all, s#!tty people exist. Also, as someone stated, we aren’t attacking him here so you could go talk to the people on Twitter about it instead.

This doesnt "highlight" dirty play per your request, but I think this article points out that Suh didnt make a sudden change to a dirty player in the NFL
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/25/ndamukong-suh-out-of-control-college-teammate-says/

Again, I am going off total play. Suh played with such a tremendous motor it would be hard for him not to step over the line. 

I dont want to de-rail this subject into about whether or not Suh was dirty at Nebraska. He has proven throughout his NFL career he is a dirty NFL player. Multiple fines have proven that. I tend to think he just never got busted doing that at Nebraska or wasnt as obvious.

This is the most damning quote from the article, and as such your point is not proved at all. It’s not really even evidence of your point. Wow, a football player has a temper. Even if he got into fights during practice, that isn’t playing dirty.

Suh and Slauson lined up against each other in practice, and Nebraska practices frequently featured problems related to Suh’s temper getting the best of him, Slauson told Hubbuch.

• Plus1 2

Like @Moiraine said, having a temper and being dirty aren't the same thing.  Maybe it got worse in the NFL.  I do think it's odd but I don't remember anything ever being pointed out during a Nebraska game.  But he's definitely had issues in the NFL.

But unless people defended an as-yet-undetected dirty play at Nebraska, there really isn't a point here concerning what happened Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Like @Moiraine said, having a temper and being dirty aren't the same thing.  Maybe it got worse in the NFL.  I do think it's odd but I don't remember anything ever being pointed out during a Nebraska game.  But he's definitely had issues in the NFL.

But unless people defended an as-yet-undetected dirty play at Nebraska, there really isn't a point here concerning what happened Saturday.

Thats fair. I guess I am basing my opinion on what happened in the NFL and the motor. Hard not to cross the line.

But to Moiraines point I looked and I cant find any video evidence of him being outwardly cheap in college(I actually enjoyed looking through some highlight tapes to watch him toss guys around). He basically destroys a few QB's but nothing over the top.

The article I found is the only thing that paints him in a certain light in college to say that teammates saw the "NFL" Suh while at Nebraska and this isnt new. Again it is weak evidence at best..

This will be my last point on this because it is off topic and I have zero evidence outside of my own opinion. I got where the other poster was going in terms of saying lets not stoop to #44 level because we seem to have no problem cheering for guys who have a history of being cheap(even though I cant prove Suh was cheap at Nebraska/ Maybe Eric Martin is a better example).

It doesnt make #44 ok. It doesnt mean he shouldnt be suspended the same way most agreed Eric Martin deserved to be suspended. 

Back to the topic at hand- Our new electrifying Martinez and sorry for derailing this. 

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

RE: the bold:  My guess is it's a better angle, more to the right, from the sidelines.  It sure looks like #44 grabs & twists the leg when Martinez is on the ground.

As for punishment, I'm not sure. I can't remember ever hearing about a player suspended or penalized for a dirty play in the previous game. 

Probably:

200w.gif