Adrian Martinez Injury

18 hours ago, knapplc said:

Here's a better video showing what #44 did. It's pretty clear he twisted Martinez' leg on purpose.

Worst part for 44 is that he clearly looks up and sees the play is over. What a dirty dude.

12 hours ago, knapplc said:

Colorado gonna Colorado.

puuVgA5.jpg

Wow. Didn't see Martinez yelling in pain in the video. It all keeps mounting. Nice work 44.

17 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Its one of those funny things where people are like "Whoa dude, that is weird" and yet inside they are like "That is good to know he is only wearing a light brace".

At least the dude shared who his source was.... I wonder if that girl also does some aquarium work as well?

Yeah, he's already given up his sources at minimum 1 more time than Brett McMurphy.

17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

We have guys right here on HuskerBoard who regularly share this kind of information.  Hedley was one of them, off the top of my head I don't recall who else.

Why isn't that nerdy and embarrassing? 

This guy is a reporter out of Sioux Falls. I suppose he could have claimed an anonymous source for this info.  Maybe that wouldn't have gotten under peoples' skin?

Hedley was posting about whether Frost would be our coach or not. I don’t recall him posting about player details you can only get if you spy on them when they’re in the classroom as students. I always thought it would be really weird/creepy if I told people things about players I saw in classes. Things that happen on the field or in a setting with fans or at a press conference are different than what happens when a player is just going to his classes, imho. I’m going off of my personal experience of how I felt when I considered posting anything about any of them. I thought it was weird and I still do, when they are in what I consider should be a private setting.

• Plus1 1
On 9/8/2018 at 8:34 PM, Hedley Lamarr said:

Sounds like MCL from what I'm hearing 

On 9/8/2018 at 8:35 PM, In the Deed the Glory said:

Sprain or tear, or have you not gotten that info?

On 9/8/2018 at 8:37 PM, Hedley Lamarr said:

Dont know the severity yet. Was just told they thought it was MCL and it didnt look like a full tear. Could be sprain or partial basically. 

On 9/8/2018 at 8:38 PM, Moiraine said:

Which sucks. But they could hold him back until the last 3 games and he could still have 4 years left.

On 9/8/2018 at 8:43 PM, Hedley Lamarr said:

Correct I'm just passing along what I heard. I should have something soon that's much more accurate.

On 9/8/2018 at 8:44 PM, Hedley Lamarr said:

This is just what medical staff was saying. They "think" it is MCL and doesnt feel like a full tear. 

On 9/8/2018 at 8:45 PM, In the Deed the Glory said:

Ok, thanks for info

On 9/8/2018 at 9:09 PM, Huskers93-97 said:

Guessing partial tear doesn’t require surgery? Just heal time of 4-6 weeks? 

On 9/8/2018 at 9:10 PM, Hedley Lamarr said:

I have no clue 

On 9/8/2018 at 9:35 PM, lo country said:

Your coaching source was spot on.  I'll go with this.

On 9/8/2018 at 8:33 PM, ADS said:

Heard from a friend, who has been reliable, that it will not be a good diagnosis.

This is all less "creepy" than that reporter's tweet.

Just so we're clear.

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Just so we're clear.

Who said it was less creepy?

Also, like I said the worse part is the nerdy dad thing. Now everyone knows it was her. The above people aren’t saying “my friend Ronnie Green saw him in the rec center”

50 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Worst part for 44 is that he clearly looks up and sees the play is over. What a dirty dude.

Wow. Didn't see Martinez yelling in pain in the video. It all keeps mounting. Nice work 44.

May have cost us the game. Maybe not. 

But I would have liked my chances if we had Martinez finish that drive and lead the final one as well.

28 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Just so we're clear.

I personally think it is a non-issue. However, I am guessing that some may find it off-putting that he is using his freshman daughter as an unofficial but on-the-record source. My opinion about this is that we have football to talk about, so whatever.

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The person responding to it without calling it creepy, who then called the reporter's tweet creepy. 

You may find one such person quoted in that string if you look closely.

I didn’t say it was less creepy that Hedley’s daughter saw Martinez in a classroom and then Hedley tweeted the information.

I’ve also said (third time now) the nerd part was the dad revealing his source. If I had to guess I’d say the daughter would feel embarrassed. 

Hedley’s source is an anonymous person hearing from the medical staff, and I think that person shouldn’t reveal the info. I’m not gonna put him on ignore, but I’d be perfectly fine getting this info on Saturday or next Saturday. It’s not something I’m dying to know.