What did we learn? - Game 1 - Colorado

suh_fan93

4 minutes ago, SandHills Pete said:

Put up a prayer boys..   Looks like it could be a long season.   

It shouldn't be since we are paying top dollar for coach, QB and several backs from outta state. 

I think the Texas pipeline has dried up which could be a real problem!  

Colorado fan, or Iowa fan? 

• Plus1 1

You guys have to remember we never stood a chance this year. Nobody besides a few unreasonable idiots thought we were going to be contenders. New coaching staff and a young team. Yes we made stupid mistakes and I'm pissed that we lost on said stupid mistakes. But don't act like our playoff hopes are dashed when we had no chance in the first place.

5 minutes ago, SandHills Pete said:

It shouldn't be since we are paying top dollar for coach, QB and several backs from outta state. 

Anybody who didn't think it was going to be a long season before today is blind and foolish.  We have great hopes, but this game is what a lot of us expected, and within 10 minutes after the game all I focused on was the positives.  You aren't paying anything for a coach, qb or back.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Despite having some huge mistakes, it looked to me like we are a much better coached team than we were. Hopefully this season isn't too much of a disaster. I do think we'll get better.

I agree on the latter statement.  I am not sure I saw a better coached team today though.  We had several turnovers, some very costly dumb penalties, and very poor special teams play.  Throw in some bad clock management and it seems we have picked up where we left off last year.  Now, its the first game with a new staff so I definitely think we have to give some slack.

10 minutes ago, SandHills Pete said:

we are paying our QB and backs?

• Plus1 3