Dirty Hit on Adrian Martinez?

r06ue1

Dirty Hit?   

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

54 minutes ago, Fru said:

53 comes in with a hit well after Martinez is down.

44 has a hold of his leg and continues to twist it well after the whistle.

Saw that during the game and mentioned it to my wife (who was watching the game with me). It appeared after Martinez was down completely, 44 held onto his leg and twisted his knee. It looked like he was trying to injury Martinez intentionally. Not the first time something like this happened in a game, but even as a competitor, you have to draw a line.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
51 minutes ago, California Husker said:

Oh hell yeah! #44 was definitely trying to cause an injury. Dirty football from a program that is traditionally one of the dirtiest in college football. 

This seems like sour grapes. There is always extra stuff going on at the bottom of piles by both teams. Colorado didn’t seem more dirty than any other team we play, and their coach seemed gracious in victory. It’s too easy to punish a current team for the sins of the past.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, default_28 said:

This seems like sour grapes. There is always extra stuff going on at the bottom of piles by both teams. Colorado didn’t seem more dirty than any other team we play, and their coach seemed gracious in victory. It’s too easy to punish a current team for the sins of the past.

If our players are caught on camera twisting knees I would expect some kind of disciplinary action.  I reaaaaalllly hate the whole “stuff happens in football.”  It happens only because we shrug It off with comments like that.  If players are held accountable for dirty actions like this it will stop or at least happen less.  Hell I think it already happens less than say 20 years ago just because of having access to every play and more cameras and whatnot.  Ultimately this is something th NCAA needs to start emphasizing since it puts players safety in limbo 

• Plus1 3