Dirty Hit on Adrian Martinez?

r06ue1

Dirty Hit?   

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, shyndy said:

If our players are caught on camera twisting knees I would expect some kind of disciplinary action.  I reaaaaalllly hate the whole “stuff happens in football.”  It happens only because we shrug It off with comments like that.  If players are held accountable for dirty actions like this it will stop or at least happen less.  Hell I think it already happens less than say 20 years ago just because of having access to every play and more cameras and whatnot.  Ultimately this is something th NCAA needs to start emphasizing since it puts players safety in limbo 

My point was simply that the camera caught one instance. I have a hard time believing that if you went back and studied every play you wouldn’t find similar stuff on other plays by players on both sides. I am just not convinced that one player caught doing something dirty makes it ‘dirty football from traditionally one of the dirtiest programs’. I was not trying to imply that players should do it, just that it does happen. To your first point, if a Husker was caught doing that, I’m betting more people would be championing some nastiness on our defense than condemning dirty play.

Edit: I’m not trying to imply that you’re a hypocrite at all. I believe you would feel the same way if it was a Husker player who was caught, just that most fans would excuse what the video shows due to homerism, or whatever.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

21 hours ago, The Dude said:

Whoa pal, the last time I downloaded a video that was advertised to be "dirty as hell" my computer got the clap.

You really should watch what you stick into your scuzzy port, you dirty sailor. :D

---

And I don't think the hit was dirty, but what was happening on the ground should have at least merited a warning to the Colorado player, if not a full-fledged flag.  

Just now, Clifford Franklin said:

Here's a better look at 44 cranking on Martinez's leg. If I'm Frost I give Colorado's coach a call in no uncertain terms and tell him this kid shouldn't be pulling crap like this. It's dirty AF.

This was the one I saw Saturday night that made me think it wasn't just our fans complaining like Chad May. There's a throwback reference.