Our Blackshirts have a message for opposing offenses...

cheekygeek

8 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

or ranked in the top 50 in total defense.

I think we will be much improved from last year but I doubt we're going to dominate.

Yeah. That too. I mean, there were definite improvements but we’re still a long way from where we’d all like to be. Kinda feels, “Texas is back” to me. 

• Plus1 1

The schemes and pressure were very very nice to see. 

Adjustments too. Angles, tackles, guys all around the ball. Give credit to CU, they made some good plays in traffic and competed hard. 

I like tje the new look of our defense tho. It’ll keep getting better. 

1 hour ago, gorp512 said:

There has been so much talk about Frost and the offense, but like the old trope... Defense wins. 

UCF folks were less enamored with Chinander than you'd expect. Would love in depth analysis on the new defensive schemes and for them to match the innovation and strength of the offense

IMO, they were caught up in watching the points and not the results.  They also played some of the more prolific offenses.  Our defensive stats last year stunk and so did the results....UCF, IIRC was 93rd overall, but were undefeated.  I'll take that.