Troy Game

9 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

One of my favorite places to grub when I was in Lincoln was/is Ali Babba Gyros.

It's unfortunately still there.   :)

By the way, those stiletto heel boots in your profile picture look like the perfect footwear for walking to that fridge in the background, grabbing three Bartles & Jaymes wine coolers, pouring them all into a different, empty stilleto heel boot, and pounding them as fast as possible.

36 minutes ago, Fru said:

Food

• Leadbelly's 
  • Watering Hole (My favorite spot for wings)
  • Misty's
  • Lazlo's
  • Honest Abe's
  • Press Box (Not downtown, but a fun sports bar at approximately 56th and Hwy 2.)

Bars

• Barry's
  • Gate 25/Just the Railyard in general
  • Tavern on the Square
  • Duffy's
  • N Zone

N Zone...I have never really been a fan.

Tavern on the Square is cool, sort of a hidden spot.

Duffy's is always fun!

Nebraskans will tell you to try Runza and Valentinos... maybe even amigos.

My advice, is dont try Valentionos. If you want pizza in the stadium then go for it. Runza isnt my style but I do think its worth trying it at some point but not maybe as a meal just to try it.

I just dont think Valentinos is very good.

Stay away from Amigos.

The bars on O-street are a bit more "college" age. The bars in the haymarket tend to be for a more mature crowd but on gameday there will be a healthy mix of both all over.

Regardless of where you go people will be great. You will have many drinks bought for you. Wear your Troy apparel with pride.

52 minutes ago, passranch said:

Anybody go to Barrymore's any more?  I always loved going to that place.  How about the Zoo Bar?

I never really stop in either of those places on gameday.  

If I am hitting up bars these will be the ones...

Barry's

The Bar

The Rail

Duffy's

Sandy's

Brothers

Cliffs

Main St Pub (I think that is the name, they have sweet specials)

I like O street more than the Railyard on game day...I think it just brings back some good memories.  

10 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Should we exile this man from the State forever?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

The Original Valentino's. /sigh

Well, I live in Minnesota. And not allowing me back means I dont have to see my in-laws.... SO...

Listen. Anyone who isnt a born/bred Nebraskan tends to be a bit more negative on Valentinos. Its just not good pizza. Honestly its kind of hot garbage.

I think Runza is VASTLY overrated but I also am not a big fan of what a Runza is in general so I can understand why some like it but most non-nebraskans dont really seem all that impressed by it from people I have talked to.

2 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Well, I live in Minnesota. And not allowing me back means I dont have to see my in-laws.... SO...

Listen. Anyone who isnt a born/bred Nebraskan tends to be a bit more negative on Valentinos. Its just not good pizza. Honestly its kind of hot garbage.

I think Runza is VASTLY overrated but I also am not a big fan of what a Runza is in general so I can understand why some like it but most non-nebraskans dont really seem all that impressed by it from people I have talked to.

thats rather insulting to hot garbage. val's is the worst pizza i have had. yes, that means chuck e cheese is better.

as for runzas, most runza employees will tell you it is the worst item on the menu.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

I live in Colorado and I can drive to Loveland (1.5 hours one way) to get a Runza. I don't do that often because as a diabetic I'm only supposed to have 30-45 grams of carbs per meal and 1 cheese Runza is 69 grams. The last time we went I ate two cheese Runzas and a large fry, 198 grams of carbs... It was so good, but I paid the price in guilt.

Of course Oklahoma is too far way for a Runza store HOWEVER, I understand the chef at the Wyndham hotel where we have our watch parties was given some Runza and is perfecting the creation of the Runza  via reverse engineering  for our watch parties. --- it will be sooooo good.  

Actually the last real Runza runza that I had was in Loveland at the place Husker_Bohunk mentioned above while we were visiting Estes Park.