Troy Game

9 hours ago, passranch said:

Anybody go to Barrymore's any more?  I always loved going to that place.  How about the Zoo Bar?

My wife and I were in Barrymores a few weeks ago... great as always with super nice waitresses. I thought the drinks would be crazy expensive but it wasn’t bad at all.

For visitors this bar is the backstage of the old Stuart Theater which now has the Rococo marquee.... you enter in the alley. Really cool and classy place that I think should have a little jazz band and singer on game weekends.

The Zoo is a blues bar with great bands and full of philosophy professors who hate everything.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and opinions.  Funny, they are very similar to the people I know, wide and varied!

We plan to tour the scene on Friday night - we are 'old folks' but are young at heart and sometimes allow our hearts to overrun our heads, so we will likely be in and about the campus area on Friday night.  I am assuming most of these places are around the campus. 

Most of the Troy Fans (I think we may bring 500 - big for us) are meeting at a place called the Single Barrel for our pre-game.  Any comments, good or bad, with this place?

It is afterwards we are looking for, we will probably uber in from the hotel (unless there is a shuttle - anyone?) and then find a place to meet.  Many of us are interested in the Boise/OSU game as well as the LSU/Auburn game (remember where we are coming from) for our after party, someplace with good menu, between $$$ and $$$$.  Our accommodations are on Cornhusker Way and appears there are several areas in that area as.  I am assuming that there is Uber/Lift are readily available on game day?  

We are hoping for great time, great game and opportunity for our program!  

Hope to see some of you at your tailgate!

Go Troy!

12 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

Why torture the guy? Lincoln has actual FOOD.  Go to Piezanos, Isles Pub and Pizza, Red Robins. Buzzard Billys

Pet peeve - listing a chain restaurant when someone asks what they should eat on a trip to a new place. They can eat Red Robin almost anywhere in the entire U.S. Might as well suggest they eat McDonald’s for their magnificent fries. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
11 hours ago, NavarreTrojan said:

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and opinions.  Funny, they are very similar to the people I know, wide and varied!

We plan to tour the scene on Friday night - we are 'old folks' but are young at heart and sometimes allow our hearts to overrun our heads, so we will likely be in and about the campus area on Friday night.  I am assuming most of these places are around the campus. 

Most of the Troy Fans (I think we may bring 500 - big for us) are meeting at a place called the Single Barrel for our pre-game.  Any comments, good or bad, with this place?

It is afterwards we are looking for, we will probably uber in from the hotel (unless there is a shuttle - anyone?) and then find a place to meet.  Many of us are interested in the Boise/OSU game as well as the LSU/Auburn game (remember where we are coming from) for our after party, someplace with good menu, between $$$ and $$$$.  Our accommodations are on Cornhusker Way and appears there are several areas in that area as.  I am assuming that there is Uber/Lift are readily available on game day?  

We are hoping for great time, great game and opportunity for our program!  

Hope to see some of you at your tailgate!

Go Troy!

Single Barrel is a big bar, sort of a country feel at times but good food and drinks.  You will like it.  On Saturday Single Barrel might have a cover charge, I am not sure but if they do it would just be like 5 dollars.

I don't know about Uber/lift, someone else might be able to answer that for you.

I assume you mean Cornhusker Highway on the north side of town? I’m sure there will be Uber and Lyft drivers jumping at the chance to take you downtown.

Basically you go down to Single Barrel and everything is walking distance from there.

Some of the outer bars have game day shuttles, doubt you’ll need that from what you’re saying.

My son is a student and was talking about making money as a bicycle rickshaw driver down there?? Downtown is safe and fun... just have a good time.

8 hours ago, Hayseed said:

I assume you mean Cornhusker Highway on the north side of town? I’m sure there will be Uber and Lyft drivers jumping at the chance to take you downtown.

Basically you go down to Single Barrel and everything is walking distance from there.

Some of the outer bars have game day shuttles, doubt you’ll need that from what you’re saying.

My son is a student and was talking about making money as a bicycle rickshaw driver down there?? Downtown is safe and fun... just have a good time.

On behalf of Lincoln and Lincolites, please know that Cornhusker Highway is perhaps the least scenic location in the entire city. 

If you only go there when you plan to be unconscious, you should be fine. 

• Plus1 1
23 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Pet peeve - listing a chain restaurant when someone asks what they should eat on a trip to a new place. They can eat Red Robin almost anywhere in the entire U.S. Might as well suggest they eat McDonald’s for their magnificent fries. 

So the suggestion was Valentinoes and Runza.... and I suggested Red Robin instead...Like which one of those is best?

28 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

So the suggestion was Valentinoes and Runza.... and I suggested Red Robin instead...Like which one of those is best?

Not relevant. Come up with a non chain restaurant. There are ones in Lincoln that are better than Red Robin.

FWIW I've only eaten at Valentinos once and I was a kid,, I've never had a Runza, and I don't really like Red Robin.