Troy Game

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Not relevant. Come up with a non chain restaurant. There are ones in Lincoln that are better than Red Robin.

FWIW I've only eaten at Valentinos once and I was a kid,, I've never had a Runza, and I don't really like Red Robin.

Would you say you're a communist, or just a communist sympathizer?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Would you say you're a communist, or just a communist sympathizer?

In the Soviet Union, everyone owned the same phone, same furniture, even the apartments almost all looked the same. One of the biggest Soviet state movies was about a guy who got drunk on vodka then went home and found a strang woman in his apartment, only to realize (eventually) he had taken the wrong train and ended up in an entirely different city but her apartment was identical to his.

Therefore chain restaurants = communist.

I realize now you’re talking about me not eating that food but I’ve proven I’m not communist by not liking chains. Except I s’pose chains are pretty darn capitalist. 

• Plus1 1
40 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

In the Soviet Union, everyone owned the same phone, same furniture, even the apartments almost all looked the same. One of the biggest Soviet state movies was about a guy who got drunk on vodka then went home and found a strang woman in his apartment, only to realize (eventually) he had taken the wrong train and ended up in an entirely different city but her apartment was identical to his.

Therefore chain restaurants = communist.

I realize now you’re talking about me not eating that food but I’ve proven I’m not communist by not liking chains. Except I s’pose chains are pretty darn capitalist. 

I think I understand Pat Fitzgerald comment on RPO now. Nope, I thought I had it for a moment but lost it. 

• Plus1 2

My mom grew up in Lincoln and I have traveled there more than I can remember (never lived there though). We literally buy frozen Runzas and Valentino's pizza to bring home every time we visit. Maybe it's cause I ate it growing up on visits or something, but they are two of my favorites and I only get to eat them once a year or so. Not saying Val's is the best pizza around, but I would rank it higher than hot garbage! ha

2 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

My mom grew up in Lincoln and I have traveled there more than I can remember (never lived there though). We literally buy frozen Runzas and Valentino's pizza to bring home every time we visit. Maybe it's cause I ate it growing up on visits or something, but they are two of my favorites and I only get to eat them once a year or so. Not saying Val's is the best pizza around, but I would rank it higher than hot garbage! ha

I think the thing to do is buy the Val’s vegetarian pizza and add your favorite meat.

The pepperoni deluxe with cream cheese is pretty good too.

I recommend the Yelp app. You can search for the kind of food you want and dive past the number of stars given into the reviews to see what people especially liked (for anywhere in the country). I found two unbelievable scallop meals while in Orlando on business recently. One was a small fish market place in a strip mall that I never would have stopped at in a million years. But the locals said the guy behind the counter was a culinary artist and boy were they RIGHT.

ps.. this is yet another poorly titled thread. No idea why the mods don’t append “recommendations for visitors” to the title. Might not even be a bad idea to have a sticky by that name on the top of the forum that any potential visitor could peruse without starting “game” threads.