Hurricane Florence could add to list of possible NU Game 12 opponents

cheekygeek

we need to play ECU on October 27 and be done with it. I'd even be willing to do a 2-1 to make it happen. They're a decent name opponent that Nebraska should beat and we need all the game reps we can get. Would much rather watch them than Akron in December.

Edit- it doesn't help this is their stretch in that period and their coach is on the hot seat: 

Just now, Mavric said:

Honestly, I like the Dec. 1st date better (Doing it similar to the Iowa St. language)

Per the agreement, Iowa State and Incarnate Word will play the newly scheduled game unless Iowa State qualifies for the Big 12 Championship, which is held Dec. 1 in Arlington, Texas, or Incarnate Word qualifies for the FCS playoffs.

Ohio St. is going to have two weeks to get ready for us. I'd like to see us have two weeks to get ready for them.

Are we sure we will schedule a game on December 1st against a lousy opponent to squander the 'sellout streak'? A cold game in Lincoln against an FCS team doesn't have the feel for a sellout, especially during a season where wins are going to be hard to come by. Even if that game is Akron, I don't see that stadium being full. 

3 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Are we sure we will schedule a game on December 1st against a lousy opponent to squander the 'sellout streak'? A cold game in Lincoln against an FCS team doesn't have the feel for a sellout, especially during a season where wins are going to be hard to come by. Even if that game is Akron, I don't see that stadium being full. 

Since they aren't refunding the money to ticket holders, I'm thinking the game would already be "soldout". They would just be reissuing the tickets. :dunno

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Ice already booked Embassy for that weekend. Plan on catching a football game Saturday and nebrasketball on Sunday vs Illinois.