Here to Explain - DiNardo on Nebraska's QB Option

Mavric

This is why I have a high opinion of Colorado coming out of this game. It's not like they weren't in position to make plays, they just got beat by good athletes. I thought they were well prepared.

It's also why I have a high opinion of Nebraska. That yardage wasn't rolled up on a team that was constantly making mental errors. There wasn't much for free plays out there. 

• Plus1 5
7 minutes ago, brophog said:

This is why I have a high opinion of Colorado coming out of this game. It's not like they weren't in position to make plays, they just got beat by good athletes. I thought they were well prepared.

It's also why I have a high opinion of Nebraska. That yardage wasn't rolled up on a team that was constantly making mental errors. There wasn't much for free plays out there. 

Yes, the Corn piled up yardage against a pretty good and fast defense. And we had three 40-yard-plus plays against them. One was by Bell who didn’t run quite fast enough to take it to the house (I won’t start that debate again why he couldn’t.). There were two TDs we left off the board because of a lost fumble by Bell (I do believe N was driving to a touchdown.) and a dropped endzone pass to Morgan. The best team did not win the game. The good news is the two Michigan teams may not be any better than Colorado — at least as of right now. But there is plenty of football left. It is way too early to have a good idea how all these teams will stack up against us and because we still do not really know what us is. 

1 hour ago, brophog said:

I agree. Colorado was prepared and played very well. The difference in this game IMO was our lack of a warmup game and that it was our first game with these systems. Not to make excuses for the turnovers and penalties but if we get even some of that out of our system against an Akron or CSU this game would've ended with a W. Hell, we had to invent ways to not win against a very good opponent. I also think CU is built better to play against this Nebraska team than most of the B1G. I hate losing to CU with a passion but I think we're going to do just fine this season in the B1G. I'm not worried about getting bowl eligible. It'll happen. I'm more concerned about possibly not making the CCG.

• Plus1 2