Nebraska is not a “team” yet

I am I

Last Winter almost all posters were like "We'll give Frost how ever long it takes to turn this thing around.  We know this next year will be a learning year.  Blah blah blah".  But then folks misinterpret positive coach speak for "We could go 10 - 2".   This year, not the last 10 years, will be the test of true husker fans I think.

I would love to win, and we will.  Might just win our first game of the year in two weeks when my son and I attend the Purdue game.

Go Big Red!!!

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

Last Winter almost all posters were like "We'll give Frost how ever long it takes to turn this thing around.  We know this next year will be a learning year.  Blah blah blah".  But then folks misinterpret positive coach speak for "We could go 10 - 2".   This year, not the last 10 years, will be the test of true husker fans I think.

I would love to win, and we will.  Might just win our first game of the year in two weeks when my son and I attend the Purdue game.

Go Big Red!!!

People on this board realllllllllly get sucked into offseason hype.  "Oh my God, that idiot Riley had us doing front squats.  We'll dominate doing real ones now."  Or guys on the team talking about how much better the coaching is and how they're more of a team.  Even Frost saying we're as prepared as we can be going into the first game.  All blah, blah, blah.  People keep talking about what recruiting services say, but we still lack talent.  It's obvious and losing to TROY is confirmation.  This is a reclamation project.  Sit back and watch the process because this is going to take time.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, southernoregonhusker said:

People on this board realllllllllly get sucked into offseason hype.  "Oh my God, that idiot Riley had us doing front squats.  We'll dominate doing real ones now."  Or guys on the team talking about how much better the coaching is and how they're more of a team.  Even Frost saying we're as prepared as we can be going into the first game.  All blah, blah, blah.  People keep talking about what recruiting services say, but we still lack talent.  It's obvious and losing to TROY is confirmation.  This is a reclamation project.  Sit back and watch the process because this is going to take time.

Agreed.  Troy beat a LSU team last year with far more talent than we have had in a long time.  We had a walk-on start at QB.  We are not a good program and becoming one will take more than a new exciting coach in his first year.  I think people need to evaluate why they are surprised by today's result. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, I am I said:

Turnovers turnovers turnovers 

my biggest concern had become a reality. 

yes, and stupid penalties.  Overall guys not playing smart.  This isn't  a talent issue (some of it is) for the most part.  It is a mental issue hopefully Frost turns it around soon or I'm going to have to break my promise I made to my wife of no yelling.