Nebraska is not a “team” yet

I am I

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

That was a pretty bogus penalty so....

12 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

You mean that PI that was complete nonsense? They showed every angle of that play and none of it showed him grabbing or interfering with the WR. 

Edit: mav beat me to it. 

UNCLE!

I'll retract. While watching the game, I replayed it and concluded that the penalty occurred before the action was in the camera angles. After watching it yet again, it's pretty clear the ref threw the flag on what was caught by the camera. It was a crap call.

4 hours ago, dspanther05 said:

This times a million. This is a rebuild. The delusion and absolute entilement of this fan base blows my mind. 

Rebuild doesn’t describe what Riley did to this program, as it implies there’s a foundation to build on. 

This is a full-on reclamation job. People need to remember that for the next couple of years. After seeing what we saw the first two games and what Scott warned us about in Spring...it may not be until next year before we can discuss a bowl. 

Additionally, UNL should hire a team of lawyers to get that money back from Riley. There’s no f*****g way anyone in their right mind* would say he was any sort of Coach after last season and seeing the after effects.

*Eichorst May or May not have had a mind to consider right. Ask Barry if he did next time you see him. 

7 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Rebuild doesn’t describe what Riley did to this program, as it implies there’s a foundation to build on. 

This is a full-on reclamation job. People need to remember that for the next couple of years. After seeing what we saw the first two games and what Scott warned us about in Spring...it may not be until next year before we can discuss a bowl. 

Additionally, UNL should hire a team of lawyers to get that money back from Riley. There’s no f*****g way anyone in their right mind* would say he was any sort of Coach after last season and seeing the after effects.

*Eichorst May or May not have had a mind to consider right. Ask Barry if he did next time you see him. 

Coach Frost has said a lot of positive, encouraging things, as any coach must do.  But if one looks back, he has had several occasions where he hinted heavily at how bad things were.  I can't remember them all specifically, but one comes to mind when he was talking about Friday Night Lights events. He said "Not everything they did here was wrong"...to me that screamed  "Almost everything they did here was wrong!"   I know there were other comments regarding changes that needed to be made and if you lump them all together it seems he was trying to say "This thing is a mess and we've got a LOT of changes to make to get it back on track".

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, grandpasknee said:

Coach Frost has said a lot of positive, encouraging things, as any coach must do.  But if one looks back, he has had several occasions where he hinted heavily at how bad things were.  I can't remember them all specifically, but one comes to mind when he was talking about Friday Night Lights events. He said "Not everything they did here was wrong"...to me that screamed  "Almost everything they did here was wrong!"   I know there were other comments regarding changes that needed to be made and if you lump them all together it seems he was trying to say "This thing is a mess and we've got a LOT of changes to make to get it back on track".

Agree 100%.  Said in another thread something similar.  What he has said in public is pretty damning as to the state of the program he took over.  Imagine what is being said behind close doors......Even the presser yesterday.  Basically get on or get gone.........He inherited a sh!t show of epic proportions.  We all saw how bad we were last year and that was just on the surface..  Imagine what he saw beneath that.

1 hour ago, grandpasknee said:

This is an important insight.  You hate to see it as ugly as it has been after the offseason vibes, but yeah, it would not have done Frost any good to tell the media "They were 4-8 because they're a bunch of poorly-coached, untalented turds."