What did we learn? -Game 2- Troy

JJ Husker

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

I learmed this fanbase will never change. Luckily Frost will keep grinding. Very bad outing today but it will be nice to see a team that actually progresses as the season goes on

You're spot on but I guess you can't demand anything out of our fans.  A least we still have some. 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I don't understand this. We aren't allowed to be mad at an 0-2 start? 

Mad is fine. Plenty of posters that are unreasonable. I wonder if they hold themselves to impossible standards. Losing to Troy is frustrating but not completely unexpected. This team was awful last year and troy is a solid team.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, irafreak said:

Extremely disappointed in Frost and the offense. Nothing put in place to help a 3rd string qb. He tried to lean on the line and tailbacks but where was the change in game plan for his qb? Same offense from last week only simplified with the qb runs stripped from it. I expect more from an offensive genius. 

How many WR screens does Frost need to call to help bunch out? At some point he needs to complete a pass 10+ yards downfield. Any time we ran downfield routes Bunch looked lost, rolled out of the pocket and threw an incomplete pass. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

We can be mad but saying Frost is overrated at this point is pretty silly.

Just now, irafreak said:

Mad is fine. Plenty of posters that are unreasonable. I wonder if they hold themselves to impossible standards. Losing to Troy is frustrating but not completely unexpected. This team was awful last year and troy is a solid team.

I completely agree with these takes. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Rebuilding might actually take 4-5 years

I scratched my head most of the offensive calls-Frost calling seemed disconnected from the game I was watching.

D-got gassed.  Stupid penalties

OL-What needs to honestly be said

Troy physically beat our guys on both sides of the line

Wonder how many guys get/keep Black shirts

I said in fall camp, that the true test of all of the hoopla was when games started.  Sadly, it was but a clanging gong.  Noisy and useless......

0-2 first time since 1957.

Truly feel bad for this team.  They mentally see themselves as losers and are conditioned to that.  They need some serious help.  

Lastly, a short term "boot camp" does not actually change anything.  Enduring a very hard selection for months does...We are years away form returning to relevancy.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Also what more do you want from Frost with Bunch? 18-25(72%) with 177 yards 2 TDs 1 INT before the final drive. Thats getting Bunch some easy completions. 

1 minute ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Our team continues to lack any discipline what so ever.  We continue to piss down our legs like we did under Riley.  Until that "loser" attitude is gone, we aren't moving forward.

That’s what we said when Riley was hired. “Until the toxic culture is gone, we won’t be very good.”

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1