What did we learn? -Game 2- Troy

JJ Husker

1 minute ago, r06ue1 said:

Mother Nature set the stage for this season with the cancellation of a sure win (and yes, we would have won) against Akron.  With that missed game, Colorado was able to take advantage of rust on our part and also play dirty and hurt the only QB on the staff which set the tone for this loss.  Bunch is not a starter on any major team in the country yet we were stuck with what we had.  He wasn't the only cause but he played a major role in it.  

We will get better but it will be a rough season folks.

We might be 0-3

That the defense is going to be ok. They give up a big play here and there but that's what happens with attacking defenses.

Extremely disappointed in Frost and the offense. Nothing put in place to help a 3rd string qb. He tried to lean on the line and tailbacks but where was the change in game plan for his qb? Same offense from last week only simplified with the qb runs stripped from it. I expect more from an offensive genius. 

Special teams still ugly. Penalties and turnovers not improved from week 1.

Sucks to be 0 and 2 for the first time since the 50s. We desperately need a playmaker qb. Frost's offense is junk without one. Troy has a solid defense though. I shudder to think what michigan's will do next week.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

There needs to be at least 1 more QB taken in this recruiting class; an actual HS QB, not an athlete playing QB. 

11 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

1.  Frost and his staff are way overrated.  The offensive play calling was off the whole game.  It's as though Frost called the exact opposite plays of what were needed throughout the game.  

2.  The offensive line continues its poor performance that occurred under the Riley era

3.  The overall teams mental toughness is horrible

4.  Special teams is a disaster.

#2 paints #1 in a horrible light. 

• Plus1 1

I'd rank the three main things in order of what went wrong today like this:

1. Giving up the special teams touchdown.

2. Total inability to capitalize on 3rd & shorts, which looked primarily like bad offensive line play.

3. An inability to capitalize off of their outside blitzes, strategy-wise.

#2 and #3 above just have me furious right now. Can't believe how piss poor those two things were specifically.

• Plus1 2